amazon

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
wollie
Resident

amazon

Postby wollie » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:46 pm

I have not before bought from amazon.es.
My question is delivery arrangement, is it usually correo or other service and if there be tracking?
I am just over for 9 days so i not sure if this work.

Many thanks...

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: amazon

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:11 pm

could be Correos, Seur, MRW, DHL.....they usually give an accurate estimate of which day they will deliver, but if you are not in a town get it sent to a delivery point - more reliable.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:17 am

If you go into your amazon account you can track the delievery. Shows whos delievering it and each stage its at.i cant imagine it varies depending on whether you buy uk or es? As the web layout should be the same

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:23 am

I bought a tin of zinsser paint from amazon.es which was to be delivered on Thurs 11th April.It was being delivered by DHL.Its still with them stuck half way somewhere, its too late now as I'm leaving on Wed...I have contacted the company and so far received no answer.I can't get on and do the job i wanted to do and I'm leaving on Wed, such a waste of time. :thumbdown:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:51 am

DHL is the worst company. SEUR and MRW deliver right to my gate in the countryside along a rough track but I always have a problems with DHL even though I have sent them my GPS coordinates on a number of occasions and my telephone number is always shown on the address label.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:26 am

As always - it depends on the individual driver. DHL is the only company in nearly 20 years who has managed to deliver an Amazon parcel to our house! In fact, he is so conscientious that once, when we were not there, he managed to scale a 6ft wall and leave it by our front door! He set the perimeter alarms off in the process so he won't be doing that again!

As we have a Prime membership, we can use a number of collection points, one of which is our local Correos office. When it arrives, the postmaster calls us to tell us it has arrived and we can collect it at a time to suit us - far better than waiting around for a mythical delivery van.

Sid

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:35 pm

I agree with Sid on this, especially if you are not at a "recognised" middle of town address - if anywhere in the campo, I suggest you check the details as you are filling in your delivery details and there is usually an option to opt for the local Correos as your collection point - may be a small charge but it is worth it for us! It won't go direct to your Correos box if you have one, and you may have to show ID to collect it, but it really is a good service.
There have been some small items which go via the postal rather than courrier service, but of course you do not know that until you have completed your order, put in your actual address (as per for courrier service), etc and then you check your delivery status to discover it will try to go to your home, rather than your PO/Correos box, which you would have put on the delivery instructions if you had but known that they were going to post the blasted thing .... really gets me riled ... you would think that Amazon España would have recognised by now that a considerable proportion on their customers do not have a postal service out to their home in the campo, and that delivery details really are quite important!! And then items not sent direct from Amazon, but from the supplier, can be a law unto themselves.

Rant over - good luck with DHL - we find that Seur are the worst, MRW by far the best, and Correos the most reliable!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:23 pm

I have used the PO as a collection point on several occasions and it's worked very well for me as I live in the campo. They have even delivered a small vinoteca to the PO but anything larger I've had to get sent to a friend's address as grappling with a courier company has never really worked. They seem incapable of letting me know when it's going to be delivered and will not phone to arrange to meet at the local petrol station etc, so I have given up.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:05 pm

Finally received a message from the company where i bought the paint, they said they have tried contacting DHL several times to find out where my package is but they have not had any reply.They are now issuing a refund..So much for DHL.being reliable..

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:09 am

Thanks for advise...

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:55 pm

I know this is slightly off topic but a very useful site for tracking packages is http://parcelsapp.com/en
Also available as an app.
Provided the sender has provided a tracking number you can track delivery, even if it involves multiple carriers, from seller sending to delivery to you.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:59 pm

As Sid says It depends on the driver. They all seem to have different criteria to what they will do. Even different drivers with the same company vary.

I would say the worst is Correos. I have waited at home for something then discover a note in my post box to tell me I have to collect it from the post office because they could not be bothered to take it with them on their round.

The post office did something similar in the UK when I was expecting an important documents to do with my work. I actually saw him coming towards my house and opened the door for him, went to the kitchen and by the time I got back, he had thrown the notice onto my door mat

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:42 pm

Our postie never tries to deliever packages. They just leave a slip and you have to go to the post office to pick it up.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:11 pm

My postbox is where my track meets the main road.
My postman sends me a Whatsapp message if he has a package that is too big or needs signing for, when he is about 10 mins from my postbox.
If I am at home I reply that I will meet him there or otherwise that I will collect it from his office later when he is there between 1:30 and 2:00 PM
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:03 pm

We’ve never seen a postman in 20 years! We are forced to rent an expensive PO Box and collect our mail. We live only 1km from the village limits. In this respect Spain is a third world country!

Sid

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:33 am

Same here, house near the nearest village and we have never had post, no service at all including basura, yet we are charged for the rubbish collection...The way we get around it is by having our post sent to a family members address but yes a third world country is the right description.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:00 am

If there is a site located near to you, the Amazon Lockers are a really convenient and safe way to collect your stuff. We have used them many times and not had any problems.

Parilla

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:42 am

we are charged for the rubbish collection
I think, but do not know, that this depends on distance from the bins, and I think but again do not know that this is about 2km. Further than this then no charge, closer then you pay.
I am 2.5km from the nearest bin and do not pay. I usually go further as the nearest one has a colony of Arabs living in it.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:59 pm

We're much closer to the nearest bin but don't get charged for the basura tax. I think campo is just campo to the town hall, they don't measure how far into the hills you are!

Never had post delivered here as I've always been 'off road' without an address. Since we have to pay for each name in the PO Box it is now almost 100€ a year. Having said that, our local PO is pretty good and I always get a text if something arrives that I need to sign for. The new Amazon delivery point there works very well and I've recently bought a couple of things online from Decathlon and they also use the PO as a pick up point. so that's really good for me. I can't understand how so many companies will not accept my PO Box address.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:16 pm

I think it is because they can be used for various nefarious reasons so they are considered a potential security issue. In the UK they are rare as everyone has postal deliveries. In Spain they are a way of life for millions.

Sid