Sabadell Spain to Santander UK

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Ethan_Anda
Tourist

Sabadell Spain to Santander UK

Postby Ethan_Anda » Fri May 10, 2019 10:23 am

Hi guys

I have about 500€ I’d like to transfer to my Uk account. I’m in the UK so ant take it out at atm however looking at the cheapest and most exchange worthy way of doing this?

Any recommendations?

Thanks guys

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Sabadell Spain to Santander UK

Postby gerryh » Fri May 10, 2019 11:31 am

Have a look at www.currencyfair.com
€3 transfer fee and usually a very good exchange rate.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Fri May 10, 2019 12:37 pm

I sent money some years back Spain to UK and used currencyfair who I use for my transfers UK/Spain. It worked fine however my bank cajamar did charge significant amount to transfer my money to currencyfair for onward transfer. So I would check that out. Nothing to do with currencyfair but way Spanish banks work/charge.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Fri May 10, 2019 3:22 pm

I'm a frequent user of Transferwise. Prompted by this thread and out of idle curiositly I ran CurrencyFair against Transferwise for a notional 500 EUR to GBP and Transferwise came back with a couple of Pounds more than CF. Although their fee is higher than CF the rates are sharper should you consider this option. Having said that I've never transferred funds from ES to UK.

Saludos

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 10, 2019 6:56 pm

Used currencies direct for transfers from ES to Uk no charges. It was a few years agos so you would have to check rates etc but we found them to be excellent.

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Sat May 11, 2019 12:21 pm

I believe or at least currencies direct used to guarantee no bank charges to transfer? Problem using likes of TransferWise or currencyfair is the charge Spanish bank makes to transfer the euros into the TransferWise or currencyfair account! Unless someone knows a way around that? It may be that if you make that transfer via online banking rather than asking bank to do it that may remove the charge?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 11, 2019 7:17 pm

Our spanish bank didnt charge to transfer to C.D. the money is going from one spanish bank to another (c d holding account) so there should be no charges

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Sun May 12, 2019 8:42 am

It was some time ago and as I said at that time the CD did gaurantee no bank fees for transfers maybe because as you say they hold accounts in Spain and UK? At the time I did my transfer Currencyfair may not have had Spanish account,? I only mention it has something to check within overall exchange. Just my experience I am not advocating one over the other.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Mon May 13, 2019 9:02 pm

Use Revolut. They charge no transfer fee and the exchange rate is the same as the banks use to exchange between themselves ...i.e the same rate they use for excahngine 100 million.

The rate cannot be better. I am an ex currency trader at a bank so knkw that the rate from Revolut cannot be beaten