Residencia Interviews

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
steve1958

Residencia Interviews

Postby steve1958 » Mon May 13, 2019 1:21 pm

Hello, I'm a new user to this forum and this is my first post.
My situation is that I've been lazy and not managed to get myself to Spain before 29th March, so I had kind of decided that my chance to do so was gone.
But with the extension to 31st October, I thought this was a new window of opportunity to still achieve a relocation to Spain.
Whilst doing some research into Residencia requirements I came across the issue of Spanish CGT on a UK house sale.
Due to this I just spoke today to a nice lady called Claudia at a accountancy firm in Malaga, and she has just told me there are no Residencia Interviews being given post 29th March in Andalucia. My question is:-..... Does anyone know if this the situation in the whole of Spain, and is there any info on whether these interviews are planning to re-start of not?

Thanks
Steve

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Residencia Interviews

Postby elusive » Mon May 13, 2019 2:50 pm

I dont beleive its happeneing everywhere. There were reports of some areas stopping then restarting. I think torre del mar was one. Legally they shouldnt be doing it and complaints have been made. If you dont already go on citizens advice bureau spain f.book page.there have been lots of posts about this on there.

steve1958

Postby steve1958 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:17 pm

Thanks elusive, I was just having the same thought that this can't be legal as it essentially interferes with "freedom of movement".
I've had a look on cab spain but can't find anything particularly relevant.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon May 13, 2019 4:48 pm

No, it has nothing to do with Freedom of Movement - which means exactly what it says.

Freedom to stop moving is a very different matter and requires registration after 90 days. If Spain chooses not to allow you to register, like the UK has done ever since the EU Directive on Residency came into force, that is their affair and is perfectly legal under EU law.

It makes sense to me as once Brexit happens, the green form will be invalid and be replaced with a TIE card.

Sid

steve1958

Postby steve1958 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:19 pm

ok Sid I take your point that residency is an application to stop moving...i hadn't thought of it like that.
But do you have any info on my original question?
Thanks

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:09 pm

The truth is, nobody can tell you unless they are a part of the process - nobody has the right to just roll up and have a chat - unless you´ve tried to make an appointment etc, nobody is going to know. maybe a gestoria that deals with that sort of thing?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

bahiadecasares

Postby bahiadecasares » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:42 pm

We got residencia about 6 weeks ago in Estepona. Extremely efficient process. Got an appointment within two weeks via our accountant. They told us what to bring and checked everything first and got what was needed translated. We couldn't have done it first time without them, as there was an issue at the appointment with our health insurance, but the accountnant made a phone call in the appointment to AXA and a confirmatory email was sent straight away to the police station. Cost IN TOTAL for the two of us (with translations) about 400e and was sorted in 30 minutes. Worth every penny doing it this way.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:09 pm

If theres a deal theres a transition period of a year or so.so you can sort out getting residencia during that time.

Ouch 400 euros!!! Not bad work when it costs about 12 euros each to file the form. talk about these "professionals" taking advantage of ppl. Gestor would prob do it for about 50?

bahiadecasares

Postby bahiadecasares » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:54 pm

Maybe so, but when you read of all the issues and multiple appointments people go through when something isn't right, like the detail in the healthcare insurance. Translation of our income tax and uk accounts was 64e each, so 200e each isn't much and hardly had to spend any valuable time on sorting it out.

Terry Tibbs
Resident

Postby Terry Tibbs » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:20 pm

Just on the subject of getting an appointment at the Policia Nacional foreigners' office...

A couple of months or so ago I needed to change the address on my green NIE card so I tried to get an an appointment via the cita previa website. After I selected Reino Unido as my nationality a message appeared stating that appointments for Brits were not being given after 29th March. I then 'accidentally' selected French as my nationality and was then able to get an appointment. Interestingly there was a British couple in front of me at the police station and they were getting their NIE cards for the first time, so at least at this office they were still processing applications.

Actually there's a bit more to this story. I'd originally gone along to change my address in late March, but the person at the desk suggested I came back at the end of May, as they said that by that time I would have been officially resident in Spain for five years and therefore they could give me a green card with the word 'permanente' on it. So that's what I did. In my experience at least, people at this particular Police station (Arroyo de la Miel) have always been very helpful, something I cannot say about the folks at the main Malaga cop shop.