Where to Buy?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Where to Buy?

Postby Dunflittin68 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:30 pm

I am testing out some new recipes and want to use Sugar Snap Peas in Stir Frys but can't seem to see any anywhere in Torrox Costa. Does anyone know where I can buy some ?

TIA :wink:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Where to Buy?

Postby costakid » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:35 pm

What about that English shop near the sea front. If not I bet he could get them for you.

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:42 pm

You mean Russels? He doesn't sell fresh vegetables and I think you can only get them fresh.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:44 pm

There is a organic vegetable shop near Nerja that might have them. If you leave the motorway at exit 292 Nerja/Frigiliana. At the roundabout at the motorway exit head up the hill towards Frigiliana. About 500 meters up the hill there is a tight bend and the shop is on the right, on the bend set back from the road.

It is Indian and Buddhist inspired so lots of unusual stuff there.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:41 pm

They are very easy to grow if you can find some seeds. They hate hot weather so you can plant into the soil in October and thereafter for peas all the way through to end of May. As soon as it reaches above 20c they will die off.

If you haven’t got the space in your garden, plant them in a bag of sustrato. We ate them for 7 months over the winter.

Sugar Snaps are much the same as Mange Tout, it just depends when you pick them. Seeds easily available from UK mail order companies such as Thompson and Morgan.

Sid

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:00 pm

they have them in iceland, if you are going to fuengerola at all.. I appreciate its a long way to go for a 2 euro packet of peas, but if you are in the area i mean

I´m surprised that they dont have them in .. hmmm ... torre del mar.. the road where DIA is.. turn right off the main road next to Don Pedro cake shop, turn left at the roundabout in front of DIA supermarket, go down there for 400m and on the right is a biggish vegtable "wholesalers" place, they tend to have a good variety of things? (its next to a lovely chicken take away shop too, oh and they do lots of things to take away, including great cooked pork.)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.