Convenio Especial

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
jogger
Resident

Convenio Especial

Postby jogger » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:26 pm

So it looks like the Convenio Especial is back on and according to this report it can be used to apply for residencia. It clearly states saying, ideal for people who have found it difficult to get private healthcare because of ongoing conditions. You need to prove you have lived here for a year which you can do if you've been on the Padron for a year. Looks like a game changer for some.

http://healthcareinspain.eu/2019/07/and ... 7ksWHhZ2F4

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Convenio Especial

Postby elusive » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:56 am

Yeah "thanks" to the brit consul Problem now is theres reports of people who were put on the system via the royal decree now been refused and been told to go on the convenio and people been refused full stop.

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:24 am

I was of the belief that in order to be eligible you had to have held residencia for 12 months not just padron? If that is the case how can it be used to obtain residencia?

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:50 am

That was the situation in our case Bob a few years back so I don't understand it either.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:19 am

Certainly last year when I obtained residencia I was told private first year and to apply for residencia and after first year I could apply for Convenio Especial.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:33 am

In my case 6 years ago, I was lucky enough to get a temporary S1 (no longer available) which I used to get "residencia" and after being resident for 1 year we were able to apply for the convenio especial. Took a while as it was quite new at the time in Andalucia and no-one in the offices seemed to know about it. I finally contacted the Presidenta of the Junta at the time (Susana Diaz) and she sent me a letter to show the office. Amazing what a letter can do lol. No problem after that.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it