water cooler/water dispenser in Malaga?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

water cooler/water dispenser in Malaga?

Postby qe2ex » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:47 pm

Anyone know where I can find one? Tried Leroy Merlin and shops near IKEA, and also some others, but not found one. One lady in a small shop seemed to want to suggest where I could go, so I'm thinking it's possible to find here, but unfortunately I could not understand her.

Thinking of ordering from amazon.es if I can't find any local, but it looks like a lot of that is Chinese stuff of dubious quality.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: water cooler/water dispenser in Malaga?

Postby costakid » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:18 am

El Corte Ingles?

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:28 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried there today, but no such luck.

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:39 pm

Not too sure, but don't you go to a distributor (with vans) who deliver water in BIG plastic containers for fitting to chillers/dispensers that they "loan" to you? Mostly found in commercial offices/hairdressers etc? Less usual in domestic situations.
nil illegitimum carborundum

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:52 pm

There is a Spanish company that does this which tries to get clients with spam telephone calls pretending to be carrying out a survey. I received several until I blocked their numbers. I am certainly not going to give them any publicity on this forum.

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:57 pm

"There is a Spanish company that does this which tries to get clients with spam telephone calls "

No doubt there are, but my neighbour has such a contract and seems satisfied EXCEPT there is a minimum number of water containers per week and as she lives alone, finds it a bit too much to drink!!!!! Caveat emptor I guess!
nil illegitimum carborundum

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:46 pm

do you want to buy one or rent one?

and do you want to use 6L bottles (50c each, lidl) or 19L bottles (€6.00 each, delivered to your door) ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:49 pm

Trooperman wrote:Not too sure, but don't you go to a distributor (with vans) who deliver water in BIG plastic containers for fitting to chillers/dispensers that they "loan" to you? Mostly found in commercial offices/hairdressers etc? Less usual in domestic situations.
Yeah, but one should be able to find them for sale too. They keep the water chilled (which often makes it taste a bit better), and you can easily add a filter such as this too, mostly to improve the taste of water. I'm starting to get used to the taste here now, but still prefer it going through the filter and cooler, and a decent cooler should last 5+ years without problems, so it's a small investment.

I have the filter and water tank already, so just looking for the water cooler/dispenser.
Attachments
t.jpg
t.jpg (19.09 KiB) Viewed 13622 times

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:15 pm

Should anyone else be interested, I ended up ordering from this company: https://simex.es/producto/fuentes-de-ag ... -plastico/

They shipped it promptly and for a reasonable fee. Product seems to be good too.