National bank transfer fees?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

National bank transfer fees?

Postby Screagle » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:08 pm

Although I was pretty disgruntled with Banco Popular they only charged one euro for making transfers to other Spanish bank accounts. Having been replatformed to Banco Santander they want six euros (!) for the same service. How on earth do they justify that? In the letter explaining the changeover there was an assurance that nothing would change which I took to meant fees as well. I don't suppose I have any recourse do I?

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: National bank transfer fees?

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:00 pm

Have you tried making the transfer using the IBAN rather than just the Spanish account number? I use Openbank...also part of Santander and intra Europe transfers are free there when I use an IBAN

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:17 pm

No charge on our sabadell account

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:25 pm

Thanks, Paddy Pumpkin I'll give the IBAN a go next time

Having done some further digging with my Santander account if I select Envio Estandar instead of Envio Inmediato the charge is one euro (unchanged) to my existing beneficiaries which is odd as the description says six euros as well or free(!). Anyway, as I had an urgent payment to make I just withdrew the cash required from my bank and paid it directly into a Caixa ATM - job done. Fortunately, I happened to be in town...

Saludos

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:32 pm

Sabadell no charge but can take 48hrs or 90 centimos for Instant. You get offered the choice when doing the transfer