Sabadell Expansion Account -Introduction of Monthly Charge

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Free at Last
Resident

Sabadell Expansion Account -Introduction of Monthly Charge

Postby Free at Last » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:22 pm

I have just read elsewhere that Sabadell are to start charging a monthly fee of €5 for their Expansion Account. As I hadn't received any notification of this change I logged into my account and checked the mailbox in the Personal Area. Sure enough, there is a notification in there, dated 4/10/19 confirming this change to their conditions - but there is no heading to show what it is about, you have to click on the link to read it. The charge becomes payable from 24/12/2019 and will be applied quarterly (€15 per quarter). I'm not very happy about this but probably won't bother to switch as it would involve changing all my direct debits and once one bank does this the others are likely to follow suit anyway. I would rather keep an account at a bank with a local presence rather than an online only bank, for those occasions when it's necessary to speak to a human. I thought other Expansion Account holders who haven't seen this message might like advance warning.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Sabadell Expansion Account -Introduction of Monthly Charge

Postby Wicksey » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:58 pm

Yes thanks FaL I have found it also although it looks like I may get a paper version in the post. I never usually look at my mailbox and I couldn't find it on the phone app, only when I went online on my computer. Very disappointing that they are now charging 60€ a year .... poco a poco the charges are coming back!

As an aside, when I went online on my PC a message came up to say my NIE had expired and it wanted me to upload a photo of my photo ID which I presume is passport. I haven't had any such message using the Sabadell app.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:15 pm

Wicksey, regarding the second phase of you email message, as far as I'm aware your N I E never expires and I would be very wary of posting your photo someone may be targeting you for a scam, beware !

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:46 pm

We have a joint current account, not sure if it is an Expansion Account, and a couple of small savings accounts.
Been with Sabadell, was Solbank when we joined, for 16+ years.
Don't pay any bank charges.
Had a close look at my Sabadell online mailbox and nothing about future charges there.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:12 pm

We had a text earlier this year re the N.I.E .thought odd as others say it doesnt run out. We went in and they told us to ignore it

While talking about sabadell. Does anyone have the black credit card with them? we only got one for car hiring in the U.k but get charged 50 euros a year for the pleasure of hardly ever using it.looking on their website now re the expansion account it says no fees for said credit card

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:09 am

I have never been charged for a card either the black one or the sin one. I have been charged for the debit card, it was annulled the following day.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:07 pm

Thanks. The blue debit cards have always been free. Will ask when we go in.

We have the experienca account with no fees so maybe thats why theres a charge for the credit card. They get you one way or the other! Card is only free with expansion account which is now gonna have charges!

stevemargaret
Tourist

Postby stevemargaret » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:37 pm

I was in the Sabadell branch in Almuñécar today to get my account changed from non-resident to resident and opted for the Cuenta Expansión. The lady there told me about the €5pcm charge coming in at the end of the year. I checked online and could find nothing about it so looked here and this thread, combined with what I was told today, seems to suggest it is true. Pity.