voluntary work in spanish primary schools

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
donna bagnall
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby donna bagnall » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:48 pm

Any one know whether it's possible to help out at local spanish primary schools? Will be livinig in Arenas close to velez malaga. Have sent e-mail to voluntary organisations mentioned on this forum regarding voluntary work but not had any response.
Donna

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Re: voluntary work in spanish primary schools

Postby Bongtrees » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:35 pm

donna bagnall wrote:Any one know whether it's possible to help out at local spanish primary schools? Will be livinig in Arenas close to velez malaga. Have sent e-mail to voluntary organisations mentioned on this forum regarding voluntary work but not had any response.
Donna
I assume from your message that you are in the process of moving to Spain.

I dont know if the same checks on staff exist in Spain as they do now in the UK.
If they do I wonder how the vetting procedure would work for you?

Fortunately my children are grown up and moved away so I dont know much about schooling in Spain, however friends do say that they dont have the same level of access to the school premises or the teaching staff that the were used to in the UK.

Mike

donna bagnall
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby donna bagnall » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:44 pm

Hello,
yes the same rules do apply to working with children in spain as they do in the U.K. I work for social services so all the necessary checks have been carried out for e.g CRB.
Donna

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Re: voluntary work in spanish primary schools

Postby Bongtrees » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:45 pm

donna bagnall wrote:Hello,
yes the same rules do apply to working with children in spain as they do in the U.K. I work for social services so all the necessary checks have been carried out for e.g CRB.
Donna
That sounds encouraging. Can you explain what CRB is please

Mike

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:49 pm

Crimnal Records Bureau?????? An executive agency of the Home Office which vets applications for people who want to work with children and vulnerable people.
Typed it into google, first thing that came up! :D
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:01 pm

frank wrote:
Crimnal Records Bureau?????? An executive agency of the Home Office which vets applications for people who want to work with children and vulnerable people.
Typed it into google, first thing that came up! :D
Never thought to do that Frank as was expecting it to be a Spanish agency

Knowing how difficult and sometimes just impossible it can be to get UK qualifications accepted here I cant imagine how difficult this might.

Mike :?

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:49 pm

Am I correct in thinking that the CRB forms are basically invalid (in a sense) the day after they are sent out? I did a lot of voluntary work in the uk and each position I filled, a new form was required to be filled out as the time between each check was a possible crime filled gap! Things might have changed, I don't know.
Donna

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:18 am

donna bagnall..every school has an APA Asociacion padres alumnos..this is parents association.... of which a committee formed by voluntary parents that have been voted for by other parents. you could volunteer to be part of the committee..or get in tough with them and offer your help or get info from them... you could offer some after school activity. For anything to do with the school APA is a good good starting point.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

donna bagnall
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby donna bagnall » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:28 am

With regards to CRB's, you are probably right Donna. I have been in the same job for 15 years, initially we had police checks carried out, it was only about 4 years ago that the CRB's come in to place. Thanks to everyone for their response.
Donna Bagnall