FLIES

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Rossini

FLIES

Postby Rossini » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:21 pm

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed the amount of these pests about at the moment? When do they disappear ?

Rossini

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:17 pm

Its strange but I was going to post this topic, they are driving me crazy at the moment. Can't relax around the pool for two mins. When I go walking in the campo they are even worse. Anyone any ideas is it the lack of rain? I spray round the pool but it doesn't make any difference.

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:03 pm

Wasps are driving us round the bend - no matter how much AntiVispa we spray!

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:18 pm

There does seem to be more of both than usual this year. I think we will have to wait for the rain.
In the meantime I am thinking of inventing mini handbag size aerosol sprays of Raid. At least I may get peace when outside anywhere.
Ok so I'll stink, but I just can't stand the flies.
I wear it well...........

jane grant

Postby jane grant » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:48 am

Having just bought another supply of 'matamoscas' I got into conversation with some of the locals in the shop, who were saying that this year has been bad for flies in the campo, but not too bad in the town. Late summer is always bad for flies here when the swallows decamp for warmer climes and there aren't as many birds aroung to keep the numbers down. This year we have also noticed there aren't the number of lizards aroung either - somethng to do with the drought maybe - and come to that the large grasshoppers are fairly conspicuos (how do you spell that) by their absense.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:03 pm

is the lack of lizards a factor in there being more flies?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.