Architects and proyecto

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Kelly4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Architects and proyecto

Postby Kelly4 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:45 pm

Hello all

Anyone know roughly how long it takes for an architect to produce a proyecto and for work to get started on new build/renovations.

To give you an idea of the scale of the proyecto, the work would involve:

1. Tearing down 1.5 storey building at back of house (beyond small patio) and building two storey replacement.
2. Tearing down 1 storey kitchen/toilet block at back of main house and replacing it with a two-storey extension.
3. Corridor between the two.

Town hall seem to be turning round building licences fairly quickly, according to locals (not sure if my idea of quick is the same as theirs but I'll take their word for it).

Thanks in advance for any info.

Kelly

Nicks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nicks » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:42 pm

I've been told it can take 6 months! 3 months for the plans to be drawn up and submitted and another 3 to get them approved. But I am sure this varies from place to place...

nevada smith

Postby nevada smith » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:01 pm

i am an architect - your post gives zero information - no size of buildings to be torn down or built - for heaven's sake, ask the people who are doing the work (the architect) and approving the project (the town hall) and since you have to get quotes, the propective builders...

nevada smith

Postby nevada smith » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:04 pm

make that, "prospective builders"...

Kelly4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Kelly4 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:22 pm

Hello again,

Thanks for your replies.

Nevada: You may have noted that in my original post, I asked for a ROUGH estimate of the time it takes to prepare a proyecto. I thought I provided sufficient information for a rough guess. Each of the two storey buildings/extensions will be 4m by 5m. And yes, it did actually dawn on me to ask my architect but I didn't think he'd appreciate me calling him on a Sunday evening.

Thanks again,

Kelly

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:04 pm

Generally takes less time for the Architect to draw up the plans (people we know have all waited 3-4 months for this) than it does for local authorities to pass them (6-12 month+).

nevada smith

Postby nevada smith » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:24 pm

yes, kelly, i read your post - did you read mine?
i can only assume you gave your architect more information than you gave on your post. you say that you don't think your architect would appreciate a call on sunday evening - you need this information on sunday... evening... rediculous...
what are you going to do with the responses - confront your architect with opinions from an andalucia dot com forum? i don't think he'd appreciate that either - so what do you expect to accomplish with this posting...? you can't get a valid answer...