Traffico Malaga

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Marina
Resident

Traffico Malaga

Postby Marina » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:44 pm

Just been stopped in a road block, only for the police to discover that the receipt for my (fully paid) insurance expired at the end of September. Does anyone know the opening times of the Traffico Dept in Malaga? I'd also like to know what the queues are like in the mornings? I now have to take in a current receipt, and am hoping that my husband will be able to do this on his way to the airport on Monday.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:28 pm

:( I haven't been for a year or so, but the opening hours were about 0900 'till 1330, the queues were at least 45 minutes. I did read that they were taking on extra staff in order to stay open all day but I've heard that before, someone else may know.
Take a book and expect nothing, then when you get satisfaction it will be a nice surprise....Rules for Living in Spain No.1 :lol:

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:14 pm

so you were driving without insurance for a month ? :x
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:00 am

Spanish_lad - Marina said that the receipt had run out but policy was fully paid up. Sounds as though she has just forgotten to swap over to new receipt not been driving without insurance.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:29 am

Thanks Brenda. Yes I was fully insured. I pay my insurance by direct debit so it doesn't get forgotten, but just forgot to print out the new statement to show it was paid. I certainly won't make the same mistake again!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:39 am

Marina, a copy of your statement is not good enough.

You need the slip that the bank sends you when they have paid the direct debit. This gives all the details of the policy, valid dates and the car details etc. This info will not normally appear on your statement.

The same thing applies to your car tax.

Sid

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:06 pm

That's the thing I meant by "statement", though the bank has never sent us one. We download it from the internet site. and it has all the details on it. The new one is now in my car.