Cleaning Companies

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
lainey

Cleaning Companies

Postby lainey » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:13 pm

Hi
I have a domestic cleaning in the UK and would like to move to Spain in the next couple of years. I wondering if there are any English cleaning companies in the Andalucia area? I know a few people who have moved over to Spain and they say they cannot get anyone they can trust to clean their rental properties when people move out, so they travel back and forth to do it themselves. I also thought a lot of people who live in complexes would be happy to pay for a reliable, trustworthy person to clean their properties.
Any advice/suggestions/comments would be very welcome.
Many thanks
Elaine

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:42 pm

Elaine, to be frank, on the Costa del Sol there has to be thousands of domestic cleaning companies, and believe me they are all undercutting each other, there is very little profit to be made unless you can get a contract for a timeshare complex most of which are already stitched up anyway.
I find it difficult to believe that an apartment owner would spend half of their rental income and several days just to fly out and clean their apartment (I think someones pulling your leg here) one important question I have for you is this, why do you think that an English owned cleaning cdompany would be better (in Spain) than a local/ Spanish one, because if you think about it logically it's a bit like some Spaniards coming to England and hoping to clean up (sorry) in the English market, sorry if I sound negative but there are no free rides here and most of the working people I know do have to work very, very hard to have a decent life, but good luck!

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:07 pm

Agree with Sid! And I'm not sure why Brits should be more trustworthy the the Spanish. General opinion seems there is more chance of being ripped off by a Brit builder than a Spanish one! :D Could be the same for cleaners.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:41 pm

I have a professional property management/cleaning company. We've been established for a while & sadly as people are pointing out, we are being undercut on prices constantly. This really is a cut throat industry & in my opinion very price driven. I am pleased to report that the clients we lost through price have actually grovelled back as the service is not as reliable & the standard is reported to have been unacceptable! - I was undercut by Spanish cleaners who were charging €6 an hour, including travel!!!!!!!!! - No profit in that for a business with overheads.
It is all dependent on the client, is an informative website, annual contracts (written), complete service important to them or do they just want someone to clean the place? I'm fortunate enough to not have to support a home & family from my business income, if this was the case, I wouldn't be able to! (even with a plush website & advertising)
The other thing you should think about is that many people rent their properties through agents, who have their own maintenance staff & this is quite an influencing factor as they "should" be able to trust their agent.
Hope this helps, PM me if you want some more info. Don't mean to put a downer on things, but I'm trying to be honest. Good luck with your future move & earning lots of money :wink: