Telefonica bills

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Telefonica bills

Postby katy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:49 am

I know its as long as a piece of string but can anyone give an average figure for a monthly bill? Mine averages 90 euros a month for ADSL and normal phone calls. I have various schemes such as europa quince. Use is not above average as I use my mobile a lot.

I have spoke to them various times but their call centres are not very helpful. Do you think it is high ..or not?

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:15 am

Our monthly bill works out at about €70. We use Direct Telecom for calls to UK etc. Don't have ADSL but have one of Telefonica's "low cost" ha ha off-peak internet deals, which actually I've just changed to 24 hour access.
I always have to sit down to open the phone bill. :shock:

metalmonkey
Resident

Postby metalmonkey » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:50 am

just wondered if anyone is using a skype phone via usb to the internet and if they actually work....

ta
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

samizdat
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samizdat » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:58 am

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:50 am Post subject:
just wondered if anyone is using a skype phone via usb to the internet and if they actually work....
we use it all the time, especially to call to our offices in LA, Hong Kong, France and UK. Its brilliant and we have a London number for our friends to call us up on.

Only downside making phone calls mid afternoon when USA wakes up, and its very dependant on the quality of your broadband. We find 3 meg is clearest 1 m is only ok and often has a delay - under that I wouldn't bother.

jenna m
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jenna m » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:10 pm

Has anyone tried Yahoo for their free calls ?

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:05 pm

Skype is great........you can even get a cordless phone that works through Skype & as a normal landline!!
It is the cheapest option we've found & you can keep an eye on your call costs.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:46 pm

I have a Skype Dualphone and it works perfectly although the cost is fairly high at €129. I used Skype on a 512 kbps connection before Telefónica upgraded it to 1mbps and had no problems whatsoever.

I have also spoken to someone on a dial-up connection but there was a delay of two or three seconds.

Also bear in mind that if you have ADSL with Telefónica you should be able to persuade them to give you all calls to Spanish land-lines free (except 9** numbers.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:36 pm

Beachcomber wrote:
Also bear in mind that if you have ADSL with Telefónica you should be able to persuade them to give you all calls to Spanish land-lines free (except 9** numbers.
Is that for business accounts as well?

Mike

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:20 pm

Yes, I telephoned for a friend who has three business lines but they would only allow the free calls on his ADSL line.