Taxes for non Residents fiscal year 2004

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
estepona
Andalucia.com Amigo

Taxes for non Residents fiscal year 2004

Postby estepona » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:32 pm

I've been informed by the solicitor that dealt with my property purchase last year that I now have to send off an Income & Wealth Tax declaration. Does anyone know what this is, and do you have any idea how much I'm likely to have to pay? I haven't paid any I.B.I. Taxes (urban rates) yet because I bought a new property and I don't think the council have got around to doing this yet.
My solicitor has offered to complete the tax return on my behalf at a cost of 348,58 € (V.A.T. included).
Is this a realistic price?
Is this something I could do myself, or is it advisable to get someone who knows what they're doing to do it?
Has anyone used a solicitor that they could recommend which is any cheaper than I've been quoted?

Thanks!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:11 pm

This is an outrageous price unless you own more than one property or there are three or four joint owners of the property as the tax return has to be submitted in respect of each one.

We have just been discussing this in another thread which you can find here.