Cowboy removal companies

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Smev

Cowboy removal companies

Postby Smev » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:25 pm

Having recently worked for a VERY amateur removal company in Fuengarola (on the coin road) for 3 weeks, i found i could no longer carry out the directors instructions by CONNING the customers, i had to leave the company as i could no longer be associated with this terrible cowboy outfit. Constantly dealing with very angry customers from the UK and Spain was degrading and embarrassing to say the least. A typical inquiry would be turned into a complete nightmare for the customer. (there company policy is, and was preached to me on a daily basis "STUFF THEM FOR WHAT YOU CAN GET OUT OF THEM, THERE ARE PLENTY MORE ON THERE WAY")The company appears to be very pro with a (.co.uk) website and complete saturation advertising in the Sur in English and Friday adds..
Little or no blanket wrapping before transportation, No insurance whatsoever (although they tell you they have) no Spanish or UK vat or tax is being paid, there customers storage is floor stacked and very often gets mixed up with other customers belongings, the company is also working with a false residentia number printed on there paperwork.
My advise to anyone wanting a local or international move in that area is to do there research before handing over there house hold furniture to them.. if you want to know the name of this company and how they work and operate please feel free to e-mail me [email protected]

i would also be very interested in hearing from anyone that has had a bad experience with there removal company in Spain so we can start to list and weed out the COWBOYS and make room for the pros with customer satisfaction at the forefront.

Regards

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:29 pm

I believe we did mistakenly employ this company a few years ago and agree with your comments,they were terrible and we battled to receive our goods at all and they had no insurance,though they stated they had,they could not produce the paperwork to prove it.People should be forewarned to be extra cautious when employing some removal companies.I hasten to add that we have had many moves with some excellent companies,the company in spain was certainly not one of those. :(

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:21 pm

My freind Sharma has a removal company, he's Indian though!

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:06 am

Has anyone any info as to the name of the "bad removal company" the original poster was referring to? and can anyone recommend any good companies in the Mijas Costa area? am looking to make a list of contacts for removals for next year and knowing my luck, I'll end up with the first one :oops:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:46 am

From his description of its location it sounds as though it is on or near the Polígono La Vega but he gave his email address so that anyone who wished to do so could contact him and ask.

I suspect that if he gave the name in open forum it would be deleted especially if they also advertise on this site.

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:24 am

What I am actually looking for is recommendations and/or warnings of any removal company that anyone has had Good/bad experiences of, obviously not posted directly on the forum. I could of course contact the original poster direct but it is unclear as to the motives of the person concerned as they could be a disgruntled ex employee, getting there own back or even a business rival trying to discredit the competition. So any information via the pm system would be most grateful.
Lorraine

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:11 pm

The appraisal of any service is always going to be fairly subjective and I am sure you will find good and bad comments about almost any company you mention.

There is a UK based web site which lists people's bad experiences worldwide. There is only one removal company listed for Spain and it does not appear to operate in Málaga so it is not much help.

Perhaps if anyone, including Smev, has had any bad experiences with removal companies or any other kind of service they could submit them to that site rather than try to document it here as it will almost certainly be removed.