Eroski air con

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
kexon
Resident

Eroski air con

Postby kexon » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:41 pm

:roll: If anyone can help with this question, we would be grateful,I am in the process of installing an air con unit.
Its an Ecron bought in Eroski.
AirStatic
Model 3200N1
When it comes to the wiring the instructions (in Spanish) translate to:
Open the front panel
Extract the cover of the wiring.
All sounds simple but there's no cover to extract.
Am I missing some thing here, has any one installed this model, and can help me with the invisible cover, the instructions say to open the front panel

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:56 am

on the internal unit. the cover has to come off - theres clips for it. take the filters off the front theres a clip under each of these right at the "bottom" of the unit (probably a covered s c rew(that was beeped?? :( ) ) the "top" just lifts off. when you take the cover off, inside there on the right hand side where all the control stuff is there should be a plastic cover held on with a screw. unscrew it and thats where the wires go - colour coded just join them up. the pipes are self explanitory, to be done up FT.. ;) .. note that water pipe should not exit the room level but on a slight downwards slope - allows the slow moving water to drain OUTSIDE the room rather than in...and do cover the pipes with the big black tube- it protects against the lime in the cement. use spray foam or yeso to fill around the hole you make and then finish with mortar.

on the external unit theres the piece on the "side" or "end" where the pipes are, normally a plastic cover that unscrews then lifts off. again, colour coded and ft for the tubes.

should have a thin wire, a fat wire, two copper tubes, two water tubes, brackets for both units, rubber feet x4 for the outside unit, big black tube about 8" long, 4 small ish screws and plugs, and a bit of extra grey foam tubing - make sure the piping is all covered.

probably.. not that anyone should listen to me cos i dont know what i´m talking about...(according to certain forum members who have branded me a "cowboy"...

now where did i leave my horse.. hmmm
Last edited by spanish_lad on Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:24 am

Cowboy or not, you're the only one that has come up with an answer! :D
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

kexon
Resident

Air Con

Postby kexon » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:53 pm

:D Thanks Spanish Lad the instructions were spot on, now I have to sort the external unit out, roof or wall that is the question. Cheers

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:59 pm

that is true frank,, and thankyou for pointing that out - maybe it will get me some way to digging myself out of this cowboy shaped hole ? ;)

well anyways - wall or roof hmmmm

i would say.. it has to have a good fixing - so if its a sloping roof or one that you are unsure of... go for the wall.

3 BIG bolts for each bracket - measured and marked up accordingly obviously...stick the unit on there with the 4 rubber feet - washers top and bottom - then join up the pipes etc. as it is a 7m pipe and you wont have a flaring tool to remake the ends of the pipe, i recomend that you leave the roll behind the unit - out of sight and it wont stop the unit from functioning.

again - have both pipe joins FT, test and then wrap up..pain in the a s s finding its leaking after you tested it and its all wrapped up ;)

i should be charging to come do this not telling you how :D lol
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.