Car Insurance - whom

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
pentaqua-new
Resident

Car Insurance - whom

Postby pentaqua-new » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:31 pm

Buying a new car, insurance quote is around 6 x what I pay in UK.

Whom to use for quote (preferably speak english 'cos my spanish is less than good) and preferably via website?

Thanks

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:34 pm

we have been with Linea Directa for 12 years, very good service, paid out on a claim with no problems and telephone operators and paperwork is in English.

P.A.D.
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby P.A.D. » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:35 pm

Hi
When we bought our new car in Spain two years ago, we used Eric Walter insurance. Eric is no longer the owner - he died, but the office still keeps his name ( I am 99% sure - dont really look above the door to go and pay our premium!)
There is a lad who works there called Damien who was born in UK, but moved across when he was a teenager, so has perfect English AND Spanish

the prices, we found are comparable to what it would have been in UK - maybe even a little less

Hope that helps - if you need contact tel, reply and I will look it up for you - its filed away at the moment

Anj
PS - the office is in the Gamonal blocks, just off Garcia Lorca, which is Benalmadena Costa/Arroyo de la Miel

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:44 pm

We, too, are with Linea Directa. The price first quoted sounded more expensive but then it came with automatic breakdown service and now realise that their price is compatible with the UK. Everything in English and very efficient.
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:46 pm

Linea Directa is your best bet.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:18 am

Also with Linea Directa. Unfortunately had to use their breakdown service on two occasions and it was excellent - actually far better than either the AA or RAC in UK!

Busymum
Resident

Postby Busymum » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:25 am

I second too what has been said about Linea Directa, we have been very pleased with them.

The breakdown service even includes changing a wheel if you have a puncture etc which I find great reassurance as I DO know how to change a wheel but sometimes if the wheel nuts have been tightened with a airgun thingy-bob they are impossible for a girlie like me to budge! In addition I would not be comfortable changing a wheel at the side of a road alone.

Busymum.

Liz Fox
Andalucia.com Amigo

Linea Directa again

Postby Liz Fox » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:43 am

Sorry, this is getting boring. But they were far cheaper than anyone else and really efficient.

pentaqua-new
Resident

Car Insurance

Postby pentaqua-new » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:14 pm

If their service is as good as their telephone manner this morning then I can understand why they are so popular.

Great telephone service, very polite and a cracking good price. What a change from surly english service back home.

Thanks to all who responded to my initial enquiry.

pjr

UK plates?

Postby pjr » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:23 pm

Hi

I've got a question on this, it'd be great if any of the people who posted above about Linea Direct could respond - will they insure you if you have a car with UK plates, or do you have to have it transferred to Spanish registration for them to insure you?

thanks

Philip

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:51 pm

Pjr- I think you will find they won't insure you on English plates. If you do a search on UK plated cars you will find loads of info on these forums.

One thing to watch with Linea Direct is that they don't insure trailers. If you are towing one they do however recover it with your car if you breakdown. This might not seem important but it is easy enough to have an accident with stuff falling off a badly loaded trailer, clip something while manouevering, blowout from hitting a pothole if you were unlucky enough to find one and so on.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:55 pm

They don't insure cars with UK plates.

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:17 pm

Our first year with Linea Directa, this year - windscreen cracked while in UK. Faxed claim in GBP paid in full in three days - 'phoned us in UK to say they'd paid, emailed me to say they'd paid and when we got back there was a message on the answering machine to say they'd paid.
Fantastic service :D :D :D

Graye
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Graye » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:08 pm

And they let you transfer your full UK no claims bonus too! They have been great, we've used them for five years with no problems.

Big Col

insurance

Postby Big Col » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:35 pm

hi can someone be king enough to give us the phone no and or website,is the website in english.

thankyou for these postings as i had been using Knights, and for a spanish plated freelander, full no claims, no accidents, or convictions and well past my sell date, they just given me a 690 euro renewral quote.

Many Thanks

Big Col

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:56 pm

lineadirecta

English help line 902 325 325

Sid