Ayo's Paella, Nerja

Looking for a good recipe for gazpacho soup, how to make a good tinto de verano, local exhibitions and where to hear good jazz? Post your query here to find out more.
maureenscot
Resident

Re: Ayo's Paella, Nerja

Postby maureenscot » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:43 pm

Is Ayo one of the guys who discovered the caves?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:13 pm

Stevemul wrote:Omeprazole has been a godsend to me ( monitored by my GP) in making me able to control my reflux, particularly at night. Please do not 'ditch' potentially lifesaving drugs but try to understand their uses and how they work for you with your own body.
Proton Pump inhibitors such as Omeprazole have revolutionised gastric medicine and is on the WHO list of essential medicines.

https://www.refluxgate.com/sphincter-la ... ux-disease
Very well said. I have been taking one daily for a few years. Now no symptoms at all although I do get check ups and tests. A few years ago I knew if I had a couple of glasses of white wine I would have discomfort in the night. Eat anything now. The Doctor told me that acid reflux can cause internal scarring which can lead to narrowing of the oesophagus or even worse cancer developing.

This thread is a blast from the past. Poor mowser, does anyone know what caused his death?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:38 pm

maureenscot wrote:Is Ayo one of the guys who discovered the caves?
Yes
Stevemul wrote: Proton Pump inhibitors such as Omeprazole have revolutionised gastric medicine and is on the WHO list of essential medicines.
My cat is on it and it's done wonders for her!

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:49 pm

"Ayo's involvement with the Caves' discovery has become distorted over time. The caves were first discovered in the January a few months earlier. His first visit to the caves was much later - on April 14, 1959 - the same day on which the first inside photos were taken by José Padial. These later appeared in the local paper under the headlines "Cave of Wonders."
I So Bella tis you

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:50 pm

gerryh wrote:
maureenscot wrote:Is Ayo one of the guys who discovered the caves?
No he wasn't.
It is a well known myth.
Their is a plaque bearing the names of the discoverers:-
Francisco Navas Montesinos, José Torres Cárdenas, Miguel Muñoz Zorrilla, José Luis Barbero de Miguel and Manuel Muñoz Zorrilla.
Ayo's real name is Francisco Ortega Olalla.
I believe he visited the caves when they were first photographed, he might have been the photographer?
Gerry
Gerry Harris