Specsavers in Marbella

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Trooperman
Resident

Specsavers in Marbella

Postby Trooperman » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:12 pm

Has anyone had any problems with Specsavers - the Marbella franchise?
I ask because I potentially do have an issue in that they are wanting to charge me 20 euros for a repair to some glasses bought 7 months ago that had a 2 year guarantee and that then decided to give up the ghost, as it were, with the side piece hinge breaking.
Just thought I'd ask before doing the complaint book thing. Others' opinions always welcome as I am, of course, totally biased :lol:
nil illegitimum carborundum

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Specsavers in Marbella

Postby El Cid » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:43 pm

Assuming it is the standard Spanish 2 year warranty, rather than their own special one, you are only covered, without question, for 6 months. Within 6 months, it is assumed that the fault was present at the time of purchase. For the next 18 months, it is up to the purchaser to prove that the fault existed at the time of purchase.

If they insist on charging you, the threat of the complaint book may make them reconsider. Failing that, a good moan on their Facebook page might work.

Sid

Trooperman
Resident

Re: Specsavers in Marbella

Postby Trooperman » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:22 pm

Thanks, Sid. In my "discussion" - (polite word for angry customer/shop owner dispute!) - I did ask her how many facebook complaints she was prepared to absorb and I think that must have persuaded her to reconsider: the repair will now be free of charge.
nil illegitimum carborundum