Tarjeta Sanitaria Prescription charges

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
barnsley85
Tourist

Tarjeta Sanitaria Prescription charges

Postby barnsley85 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:39 pm

I have just registered with my local Helth Centre (S1 form formalities completed). I am now a pensioner.

I have a Farmacia code of TSI 004 but my wife who has been registered now for a few years has a code of TSI 002.

I previously was registered on the system due to my EHIC Card and it seems that I have to pay more for my medication that my wife does - she pays 10% and it seems I pay 50%

Can anyone explain to me how this works and why my wife and I should have 2 different codes and costs?

I know the UK repays Spain for any expenses it has for our medical care while here and that makes it all the more strange that we should be on a different scale.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Tarjeta Sanitaria Prescription charges

Postby El Cid » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:42 pm

It is a mistake. If you are a pensioner it is always 10%. The only change is in the "cap" to the total monthly costs and that is based on your income, as declared on your annual tax declaration. The cap is normally around €8 and if you are on the higher tax rates that increases to around €18 if I remember correctly.

You need to go to the local INSS office to sort it out.

Sid

barnsley85
Tourist

Postby barnsley85 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:36 pm

El Cid - you are a star!!

I had asked my doctor about it when I got a precription using my EHIC card and she said she didn't know - "The computer sorts it out"

Now I know, I will go and get it sorted - I'll keep you posted.

Thank you very much!
Mike

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:09 pm

Maybe this varies by area? Previously in Andalucia I paid a maximum of €10. Here in Murcia I have just picked up what at full cost would have been about €200 and was charged €13.27 - which was exactly the IVA amount for that bill.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

barnsley85
Tourist

Postby barnsley85 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi,

The Codigo de Farmacia originally allocated to my registration file at my local Health Centre (TSI 004) was indeed wrong.

I went online and did some research and found all the codes applicable to all and sure enough - mine should have been TSI 002 - it has now been changed on the computer at my Health Centre, it seems that when a new record is created on their software locally, a code is automatically assigned to the record but when all the computer records are integrated on the next working day, the correct code gets applied to the record in place of the incorrect one.

So I will now be paying 10% of the medication cost as opposed to the 50% I had to pay when I got my precriptions using my EHIC Card (Even though I was a pensioner then as well). Although the cap on my monthly contributions is still wrong - it should be €8.23 per month, but they have it set at €18.52 a month, but I'm not going to challenge that just now.

If anybody wants to see a full list of the codes - please let me know and I'll see if I can work out how to attach an image file on here.

Thanks again for all your comments and reccomendations!
Mike

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:02 pm

The cap depends on your taxable income. Less than €18k and it's the lower figure, above €18k it's the higher.

Sid

barnsley85
Tourist

Postby barnsley85 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:34 pm

Yes, managed to get all that info online Cid - thanks.

The problem is that for some unknown reason they have me down as earning more than I do - I have no idea how they came to their conclusion - nobody ever asked me!

Mike

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:06 pm

I assume you have submitted annual tax declarations, if not, that could explain it.

Sid

barnsley85
Tourist

Postby barnsley85 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Yes I have but they still have me in the wrong grouping - I will tackle it if and when it's necessary - for time being I don't think I'll be paying over €8 a month in prescription charges.

Mike

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:09 pm

It's amazing that it actually works, my wife and I have different caps. In the UK the privacy police would go bonkers at the thought of your local chemist knowing which income band you were in!

Sid

barnsley85
Tourist

Postby barnsley85 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:54 am

Dead right!! :crazy: