Dental implants

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Dental implants

Postby olive » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:52 pm

No separatechargesfor materials. The dental practice charges as you leavefor that sessions treatment. So if it is a three visit treatment then 50, 50 andthefinal one with the balance. I am 99% certain that the last implant ( a false tooth fixed to a metal peg that is buried into your gum or bone) was a total of 164 euros. It was maybe five years ago.

What does concern me is he isnt a flyby night dentist ( although how do you really know). He has a very modern purpose built high street practice and a good turnover of customers.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:55 pm

That doesn't sound like an implant to me, more like a post into the root of a tooth to attach a crown.

Sid

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:48 pm

Oh. I thought crowns fitted over an existing tooth and An implant is a false tooth in a space left by an extracted tooth and held in place by a titanium type material peg inserted into your gum/ bone .

Mabe I will get a financial shock in a few months time when this one is sorted. I will post he cost next year.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:42 pm

Correct, I just wondered if the one you had before was into an existing stump of a tooth.

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:14 pm

As Sid says, if the crown of a tooth (ie the visable part) has broken off but the root is still good, then a post can be put into the remaining root and a crown then fitted onto the post.

However, the cost of the work involved plus the post and crown would still be substantial and I can't imagine getting a crown for only 164€ .... perhaps something got missed off the bill! As I said, my crowns were 350€ each and that was around 2003 and compared to the cost in the UK they were cheap.

You'll have to report back when you've been to see the dentist again and confirm exactly what is being done. An implant still needs to have a crown made to fit over the post that had been inserted into the jaw bone and is usually fitted after the post has had some time to settle down and the dentist is sure it is properly embedded.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:17 pm

Funnily enough i had a crown fitted today. The tooth had root canal some years ago so that wasn't needed. So this treatment series was prep work, moulds, supply and fit of crown. Cost was 348 euros.
Regards

Bob

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:42 pm

Perhaps you should have got 2 of Olive’s bargain implants! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sid

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:40 pm

Ha ha. Let's see next year. I could be running bargain implant tours . How about Bogus Implantes are US as a tag line? might be he thinks I only have a few years left! :lolno:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:44 pm

You can probably buy a DIY kit on Amazon with a free power drill and a tube of Araldite :wtf:

Seriously though, I hope you get it sorted at a reasonable price.

Sid