Specsavers Fuengirola

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Specsavers Fuengirola

Postby Wicksey » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:52 pm

I'd be interested in opinions about Specsavers in Spain for the future.

I have just returned from a long weekend in the UK and whilst there decided to have a free eye test that Specsavers were offering. It's a long time since I've had one done in the UK and was extremely impressed by their service. For some time I have been complaining to my optician here about a problem but was never given any advice or diagnosis. The optician at Specsavers spent some time with me and I've now got a name for my problem and a leaflet on how to treat it. If the Fuengirola one gives such a good service then I would be willing to travel there.

They also took a photo of the inside of my eyes and for an extra tenner did scans of them too to preempt any possible problems that may arise in the next few years. I have ordered a pair of reading glasses for a fraction of the prices quoted here from the two different opticians I tend to use (one being Soloptical who are usually pretty cheap), and they will even send them onto me here for just the postage price.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Specsavers Fuengirola

Postby gerryh » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Specsavers, in Spain are a franchise. I think it is the same for the UK ones.
However both my wife and I use the one in Fuengirola and have no hesitation in recommending them.
They have all the modern equipment and, I believe, know how to use it.
Prices lower than any other optician I have found in the Velez Malaga area.
My wife has strange eyes and they discussed the problems she has with her and she was very reassured with their diagnoses and explanations.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:44 pm

All specsavers are a franchise. Have friend in the UK who has 3 of them. Made him a lot of money.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:10 pm

We have stopped using them.

A long way to travel ( for us) and parking was a git compared to our local town.

We also felt that their prices were high. Very hard to substantiate as you really would have to buy two identical pairs of glasses to get a definitive answer.

Really pleased with our high street Spanish optician.

One big advantage of Specsavers is they are bilingual. Very handy for detailed discussion of a comlex issue if your Spanish s basic.

Superplonk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Superplonk » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:13 pm

I was extremely impressed by the staff in Fuengirola.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:17 pm

That's good to hear, thanks!

The optician I use here for my contact lenses is Danish and he speaks perfect English so there's no language barrier. I use Soloptical for my glasses (being much cheaper) but their eye test is fairly basic. Specsavers UK was far cheaper for my reading glasses than quotes here though so it was worth getting them there.