Travel vaccinations

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
wollie
Resident

Travel vaccinations

Postby wollie » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:09 pm

I was asking this morn if i could get these in Spain for Thailand/Cambodia, the teacher Sid put me standing in the corner as my question put in the wrong place.
Anyway i need to get these and because of my itinerary it be better if i can do in Spain, does anyone if this is possible and where and how to about this?
I did discover since this morn when i posted that Booth Pharmacy offer this service, has anyone here availed of this service?

I did call Booths but the lady i chatted to not give me any info as we only get the said advise when we attend the appointment. I want to try to do this quickly and easily and hopefully do it all in one trip.

Many thanks...

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travel vaccinations

Postby costakid » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:23 pm

A note Wollie, most jabs for that part of the world need to be 28 days before you travel to have maximum effect.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:30 pm

Might be worth reading this thread:-
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=37785
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:01 am

Gerry, thanks for that i will look through it now, i was considering going without any but i was told i may not be allowed in, any the return trip lying down could prove expensive.
Costa thanks i did know that as i got jabs years ago but cannot remember what for.

Regards

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:55 am

Woolie, where are you based? Helicopteros Sanitarios do vaccinations at their Marbella clinic. Make sure you get the certificate. Also available in Gibraltar at a private clinic.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:56 pm

The link Gerry provided has one in both Sevilla and Malaga and i will do this if i decide to go with Spain.
As i discovered after i made the initial post Booth's provide this service and there is one close to the Airport i return to in August, this is now my mostly option but i am concerned i may keep the appointment and they may not have required jabs in stock.
I have a few friends in Spain who did trips to eastern countries so i will also ask them. You said get the certificate, i just wonder is it a requirement to enter or is it advisory?

Many thanks.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:18 pm

The WHO recommendations are here.

https://www.who.int/ith/2016-ith-county-list.pdf

Sid

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:34 pm

FWIW we have travelled a lot in Asia, India and South America. Never have we been asked to show our vaccination cards. Wouldn't be a problem as we have all the vaccination recommended for any country we visit, even the mega expensive Japenese Encephalitis.

Some times the vaccinations you need are dependant on the country you are travelling from rather than the one you are entering. Eg if you are entering a country that is yellow fever free, but coming from a country that has it in that instance they will expect you to have been innoculated.

We tend to purchase the vaccinations at our local farmacia and get the nurse in the village clinic to administer them, except for simple ones like flu which we give to each other.
Regards

Bob

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:49 pm

El Cid wrote:The WHO recommendations are here.

https://www.who.int/ith/2016-ith-county-list.pdf

Sid
Sid,
Thanks i will have a look...