Nerja restaurants

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
Laslomas
Resident

Re: Nerja restaurants

Postby Laslomas » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:27 pm

If you enjoy an Indian menu try Jaipur in calle Los Huertos in Nerja. Brilliant food, great ambiance and prices are not too bad either.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Laslomas wrote:If you enjoy an Indian menu try Jaipur in calle Los Huertos in Nerja. Brilliant food, great ambiance and prices are not too bad either.

Yes it is good but it is difficult to justify the prices compared to the Taj Mahal.

They do a set lunch (if you insist) but the Taj beats them on almost all counts.

Sid

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:00 pm

I watched "Saturday Kitchen" on BBC this morning: looked up the restaurant of the Sikh chef that was on - Cinnamon Club in London.
Basic Set Menu £24 for 2 courses, £75 for the 'tasting menu' or £150 for latter with matched wines.......EACH!!!!! :crazy:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:04 am

Just out of curiosity what is the average cost of a main course in the ones mentioned. We found them overpriced around marbella, about 12 to 25 euro for a main. By the time the side orders were added on they were ridiculously expensive for a mediocre Indian.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:16 pm

katy wrote:Just out of curiosity what is the average cost of a main course in the ones mentioned. We found them overpriced around marbella, about 12 to 25 euro for a main. By the time the side orders were added on they were ridiculously expensive for a mediocre Indian.
In the Light of India at Torrox Costa, you order whatever you like from the a la carte menu (no limit on the number of dishes) and pay only €9.95 per person - drinks are not included, but are reasonably priced.

For those concerned about the service, I think they now have a new waitress - the last time we were there, about 2 weeks ago on a Wednesday evening, the manager, his wife and a young blonde waitress (Eastern European, I think, very pleasant and efficient) were all serving customers.

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:47 pm

katy wrote:Just out of curiosity what is the average cost of a main course in the ones mentioned. We found them overpriced around marbella, about 12 to 25 euro for a main. By the time the side orders were added on they were ridiculously expensive for a mediocre Indian.
Everything is overpriced in Marbella :lol:
Ann

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:24 pm

Free at Last wrote:
In the Light of India at Torrox Costa, you order whatever you like from the a la carte menu (no limit on the number of dishes) and pay only €9.95 per person - drinks are not included, but are reasonably priced
Sounds good. One we go to in Surrey charges about half the price we used to pay in marbella and the food is much better.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Perhaps the LoI could provide a new practical joke to play on your "friends" - invite as many of them as you can to join you (on a pay-for-themselves basis), best dress of course, then afterwards take them on a 2-hour minibus ride. You can then run a book with your real pals on who will succumb first, with extra prizes for most mess, worst smell etc.
:sick:

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:06 pm

After your well described and horrific case regarding the "blow back" you suffered I can understand your sentiments Peter :lol: :lol:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:38 am

Free at Last wrote:
In the Light of India at Torrox Costa, you order whatever you like from the a la carte menu (no limit on the number of dishes) and pay only €9.95 per person - drinks are not included, but are reasonably priced.

For those concerned about the service, I think they now have a new waitress - the last time we were there, about 2 weeks ago on a Wednesday evening, the manager, his wife and a young blonde waitress (Eastern European, I think, very pleasant and efficient) were all serving customers.

Oh dear, have just realised that I typed the wrong restaurant name in this post - I meant it to be about the Taj Mahal in Torrox Costa! :oops:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:13 am

Looks like double-confusion FaL - the infor re the Light of India is correct pricewise, as much tasteless bacterial nosh as you can eat for €9.95, but there was no blonde waitress, so possibly she is at the Taj Mahal?

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:30 am

Light of India (Laguna Beach) used to charge €12.95 and the Taj (same side as Supersol) was €9.95.
Light of India reduced price to same as the Taj.
Service WAS quicker in Light of India, but food was a bit iffy.
Maybe they'll rename it the Keechma Breeks.
Dave

craig

Postby craig » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:51 pm

mr peteroldracer, it seems that u have some personal grudge with light of india because of you i never tried light of india in laguna beach ---i prefer to go taj but last friday me and my wife thought to give it a try coz the price is same and we both have a lovely evening ,we enjoyed the food --the food is excelent ,we dont have any complain ,perhaps i would suggest everybody to go there and stop writting such comment because of your comments may be like us many people dont even think to give it a try.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Craig - I only spoke the truth about the quality of the meal, and its affect on me. If you care to risk it, that is up to you.

arlen

Postby arlen » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:39 pm

hey thanks craig, i invited few friends for my wifes birthday we were 18 , dint decide the venue , checked in internet for indian resturant and liked your views, thus decided to go to light of india because my wife is crazy for indian food, everything was excellent including the price, the food was so good that my wife went inside to say thanks to chef and staff for the service they provide us , they make everyone of us so special .looking forward to go next time very soon

thanks man

tt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby tt » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:15 pm

We are in Nerja from 23rd Dec. to 26th Dec hoping for more bright lights than in the campo near Seville.
The UdoHeimer Restaurant has been recommended. I have looked at its website and while prices are a bit more than we pay in our local village it is Christmas after all and I take it they would do a Special Menu for the 24th & 25th.
Anyone any views on the said restaurant.

Many thanks

TT

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:26 pm

tt wrote:We are in Nerja from 23rd Dec. to 26th Dec hoping for more bright lights than in the campo near Seville.
The UdoHeimer Restaurant has been recommended. I have looked at its website and while prices are a bit more than we pay in our local village it is Christmas after all and I take it they would do a Special Menu for the 24th & 25th.
Anyone any views on the said restaurant.

Try http://tinyurl.com/3j2dvb4

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Two very similar reviews there :wtf:

tt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby tt » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Yes I noticed that. I think it's sad that whenever you read or hear anything nowadays a question you have to ask yourself is 'is it true or for real'.
The recommendation was from a friend, face to face who has been to the restaurant on several occasions but not recently and I was just looking for anyones up to date experience knowing how helpful people are on this site.

Thanks

TT

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:33 pm

tt,never been there but if you look on tripadvisor the reviews are generally good,albeit expensive.
a couple of people have taken exception to the owner being off handed and brits being ignored whilst other nationalities are served.
Are they German owners?
also intrusive background music.