Tapas, Torrox to Torre del Mar

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
Marina
Resident

Tapas, Torrox to Torre del Mar

Postby Marina » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:10 pm

One of our rental guests has said that he would like to "visit a tapas restaurant one evening, but it must be a good one"!

Tapas isn't really my thing and I thought they were served more in bars than restaurants so I haven't a clue where to suggest. Any ideas?

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Re: Tapas, Torrox to Torre del Mar

Postby Julie » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:17 pm

I don't really know Torrox, but you are less than an hour down the coast from us and here every bar serves free tapa, so I imagine your bars will do too, easiest way to see which bar serves the best tapa is look which ones are full of Spanish people, sure someone will come along with better info soon !
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:10 pm

There's a very good one in Velez Malaga if they want to go inland a bit. It's called Capri - immediately opposite Mercadona just down from Parque de Andalucia. You an either sit round the bar downstairs or there's a restaurant upstairs. Note - it's opposite Mercadona, not on the same side. There's another Capri there, but I wouldn't send visitors - you can have too much of the real Spain.
AlisonB

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Torrox Costa - bar Intermezzo. The owner prides himself on his tapas. Go to the Repsol garage and head for the beach. The owner's aim is to have the biggest selection of tapas on the costa del sol.
Dave

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:20 pm

Torre del mar......Bar Alaska2. Adjacent to the taxi rank and 100 metres from BP garage. 1.20 for decent sized tapas and a cana. Not your normal albondigas/ensalada russo/tortilla place either.

You need to ask the staff whats on as there is loads of stuff not on show and not on the menu...........cracking place!!
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:23 pm

That's great! Thanks for the suggestions, now I can give them a choice of places to try. :thumbup:

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Devils Advocate wrote:Torre del mar......Bar Alaska2. Adjacent to the taxi rank and 100 metres from BP garage. 1.20 for decent sized tapas and a cana. Not your normal albondigas/ensalada russo/tortilla place either.

You need to ask the staff whats on as there is loads of stuff not on show and not on the menu...........cracking place!!

sounds great, i´ll check it out on my way to frigiliana next time.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:15 am

El Yate at Torre del Mar. Best choice of seafood Tapas anywhere and SO cheap!

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:16 pm

brenda wrote:El Yate at Torre del Mar. Best choice of seafood Tapas anywhere and SO cheap!
Where is El Yate?

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:20 am

ajtg1952 wrote:
brenda wrote:El Yate at Torre del Mar. Best choice of seafood Tapas anywhere and SO cheap!
Where is El Yate?
I haven't been myself, yet, but found it with a bit of googling. It's opposite Hotel Torremar.

If you aren't sure where that is, imagine coming from Clinica Rincon and heading for the sea (obviously walking as it is a one-way street). When you reach the junction where the one-way street starts, turn left and it is about 50 metres down there.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!