Good for a menu del dia?

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
Cat65
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Good for a menu del dia?

Postby Cat65 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Why so snobbish about eating a Menu Del Dia? I have worked in a fair few snobbish posh hotels (award winners) and they have all had a "daily specials" "table d' hote" often good local food which is in season and when we are in Spain we love seafood. The waiter at Meson Cordobes in Estepona explained which seafood was fresh that day to us!
We tend to watch where locals eat to see where is busy and speaking a little Espanol does help. We have never ever had lousy food for a "menu del dia" and never ever had the bum squirts afterwards.One of the best menu del dias we have ever had was in a wee seafront place in Puerto De Mazzaron (Costa Calida) we kept going back!

Spanish-lad the menu del dia at "The Mexican" was 7.95 euros 2 platos and 9.95 euros for 3 platos..we didn't ask for the menu del dia at Meson Cordobes but the main courses averaged 10 euros(with as little as 6 euros and as much as 18 euros) pretty much the kinda prices we're currently paying for meals here in the UK..I had the duck confit it was equisite!

Cat x
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..."holy *beep*..what a ride!"

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:35 pm

We have eaten at the Mexican several times and always enjoyed it.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:53 am

julian wrote:silks was always good food, but Dalli´s (dad´s place ) was always just a show, there used to be a standing joke here about having to eat before you went for dinner there !!

actually I do feel fo comfortable eating a menu del dia rather than have someone singing in my ear while I´m trying to swollow my food !!!
Julian do you mean to tell me you don't like this entertainment
:lolno: :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQBz5pDGQMc

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:23 pm

you hit the nail on the head Katy !!! :wink:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:15 am

When I was in Marbella in August, I had a lovely set menu in an Italian resturant,which I think was around 9.50euros for three courses.
I've also been in some here ,where they claim the foods the best in Spain,that I didn't think came up to standard. After a while you get to know places you like and go back to them.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:33 pm

This was our favourite Italian, used to go almost every week. Don't think they do any set menu but reasonable prices. Mainly spanish crowd so you can usually get a table before 9pm.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl= ... 0503343564