Restaurante Rey Alfonso Neja

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
Julie
Andalucia Guru

Restaurante Rey Alfonso Neja

Postby Julie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi

Can anyone direct me to this restaurante Rey Alfonso Neja from the motorway, I will be coming from the Almeria side Thanks.
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Restaurante Rey Alfonso Neja

Postby El Cid » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:55 pm

Just make your way to the main car park in Nerja and walk to the Balcon de Europa.

Walk down the Balcon and the entrance is at the end on the right down some stairs.

Nice location - pity about the food!

Sid

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:56 pm

Thanks El cid, might not bother now :lolno: thought the food was ok, we are just going for a night out for a change, a good tapas bar would be just as good if you know anywhere, much appreciated Thanks.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:49 am

There are so many restaurants in Nerja and so much depends on what sort of food you like.

The food isn't bad at the Rey Alfonso but you can do much better. Most of the positive reviews are coloured by the fabulous location.

For tapas, especially fish, I would go to El Puguilla. For a really good meal (not cheap) I would go to Jacky. For the best value in town - Little Italy.

As ever, it's down to personal taste and price.

There are some restaurant reviews here http://goo.gl/CooZy

Sid

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:05 am

Sid, have you tried El nino in the back streets of Nerja?, If you turn right from the balcon and walk to the top of the road that runs parallel to calle Pintada it's situated in a residential type street.

It's our favourite for a more special tapas and at the weekend the legs of lamb and suckling pig is sensational,they used to have this sitting on the bar every day until the recession hit.

I'd reccomend that one to Julie if I could direct her more accurately.....always a must when we visit.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:20 am

No, I haven't tried that one. I must admit I eat out in Almunecar or Torrox more than I do in Nerja - it's the parking that puts me off!

El Nino is number 54 on the list of reviews on the site I posted and it gives Google Map directions.

Sid

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:57 pm

El Cid wrote:No, I haven't tried that one. I must admit I eat out in Almunecar or Torrox more than I do in Nerja - it's the parking that puts me off!
Sid
You can park yards from places like El Puguilla in the Fairground carpark, or has that changed. I know last time we were there, there looked to be some building starting in the fairground. As we mainly eat down that end of town, that's where I always leave the car, and it's free.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:13 pm

Once we arrive I will park up and leave the car, look for a B&B then look for a place to eat and drink, we just go occasionally for a change, but don't know the place at all really.

Adra is very quite in the evening, the locals don't eat out in the evening unless it a celebration, August and September are ok as the chiringuitos are open, but other than that it is always quite, so not only expensive, but a little Billy no mates Lol !

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:13 am

Can honestly say we have just had the worst meal ever in Nerja at the Rey Alfonso.

Great location, poor food.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:48 am

frank wrote:
You can park yards from places like El Puguilla in the Fairground carpark, or has that changed. I know last time we were there, there looked to be some building starting in the fairground. As we mainly eat down that end of town, that's where I always leave the car, and it's free.
Yes, you can park there but that is only any use if you want to be at that end of town. The car park at Verano Azul has been turned into another football pitch with just a few spaces left.

The current plan is to build houses on the Los Huertos car park with a new car park underneath.

It can only get worse!

Sid

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:05 am

Rey Alfonso is a really great place for an evening chilling out with great views and music, :thumbup: but I would go elsewhere for a meal first. :) It used to be a good restaurant but changed a year or so ago to more of a bar with food available. Snacks are the same as anywhere else, nothing special.

Parking in Nerja is a nightmare!! There are two municipal Car Parks but the charges are exorbitant, one of the reasons that the inhabitants and workers drive in circles to find a space on the roadside. The parking on the feria ground is the best bet. Even if you want to go to the opposite side of town the walk is no great distance as long as you have a map and know where you are headed.