Excellent restaurant

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
mhic
Andalucia Guru

Excellent restaurant

Postby mhic » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:46 pm

I can recommended the El Caserio restaurant C/Federico Tellez Macias . Velez Malaga.
Ate there last night and food service were excellent,staff were friendly and very helpful
even wrote down the name's of two of the house wines for us so we could find a supplier.
We could not fault a thing.

Mhic.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Excellent restaurant

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:15 pm

What sort of price bracket is it amigo?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:26 pm

I'll second that. Their food is very good. Free tapas (choice) with every drink in the bar, plus some that you pay for (but only 2-3 euros). Meals are excellent, prices a bit higher than some, but not extortionate. Not much fish, it's mostly meat, but I'm told they do the best steaks in the area
AlisonB

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Google Earth makes it look a bit tricky to find - and certainly no parking outside the door!

Different town, but we ate really well at Pepe Mesa Merendero in Nerja last night. Right on the beach, every course tasty with lamb the highlight for me as main course. They do a ración of paella for 5.75 during the day, which apparently is generous. It was an organised "do" for the bridge club so not sure about normal prices - we got 3 hours of bridge, a multi-course meal with virtually unlimited wine, and a good musician for the dancers for 20€ a head!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Thought I would resurrect this, as we've just had lunch at El Caserio today. It's moved round the corner from where it was. It's now on the pedestrian street between where it was and Calle Pancho Lopez. We had a couple of tapas, of which the selection is huge, and I had goats cheese baked on top of brown bread made with almonds and dried fruit, then topped with blackcurrant sauce. It says oven baked, and it was - it hadn't been precooked then warmed in the microwave. The guy who owns it is from Bilbao, which is possibly why his tapas are a bit different. The building is beautiful. When you approach it, there are just a couple of barrels outside, but when you go in, it's really pretty, an Andalusian patio, and two restaurant areas, a bar, then a walled patio with tables and chairs. I've recommended it to quite a few people and no-one hasn't liked it
AlisonB

Superchef

Postby Superchef » Fri May 23, 2014 3:16 pm

I find the food at Bohemia is better. The proprietors are friendly and there is always something different on the menu. Great choice of tapas. The bar opposite the theatre La Posada is also worth a visit.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri May 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Superchef wrote:I find the food at Bohemia is better. The proprietors are friendly and there is always something different on the menu. Great choice of tapas. The bar opposite the theatre La Posada is also worth a visit.
Yes, La Posada del Conde is good since it has reopened, under new ownership (it's run by Catering Antonio who has another bar/restaurant next to the indoor market in Velez). El Convento on the corner of C/Romero Pozo and C/Las Monjas is also good, only opened last December and is always busy. Both have rather more varied menus, more modern in style, than most places in the area.