Siam Thai Restaurant returns to Torre del Mar

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
Free at Last
Resident

Siam Thai Restaurant returns to Torre del Mar

Postby Free at Last » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:50 pm

I don't know if anyone living around the Axarquia remembers the Siam Thai Restaurant which used to be in Torre del Mar until about 3 years ago, run by an elderly German guy and his Thai wife, and which was very good?

She has now opened a new restaurant of the same name (as of yesterday) and we enjoyed a really good lunch there today. The address is Plazamar 63 (but it's actually on the main road through Torre, Avenida de Andalucia, on the same side as the Comisaria de Policia Nacional - premises were formerly occupied by an Italian restaurant called Basta Pasta). The prices are a bit higher than before (well it was a few years ago!) but we paid €30.90 for two courses each with two beers and a bottle of water, not bad. Old Werner is not involved which is probably a good thing as his waiter skills were a bit chaotic to say the least!

If anyone in your family is vegetarian or you have a veggie guest staying, it's a good option - there is nothing vegetarian on the menu but she is happy to provide vegetarian dishes on request, my OH loves her curries.

alisonb
Resident

Re: Siam Thai Restaurant returns to Torre del Mar

Postby alisonb » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:45 pm

We had lunch there today, and it was really good. Paid exactly the same for 2 courses as OP, although we only had a bottle of water each. There was a man cooking in the kitchen, not the lady who I had seen in the old restaurant. Well worth a visit
AlisonB

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:35 pm

I think the difference in price was probably due to the fact that one of our meals was vegetarian, and she charged less than the menu price for a meat/fish option, which was very fair.

I wish she had hired somebody else to do the front of house stuff and done the cooking herself as I don't think the male chef is quite as good as she was, but he comes pretty close. We're not complaining about having her back anyway, and no doubt it's an easier life for her than slaving away in the kitchen!

Wim Dubbel

Postby Wim Dubbel » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:07 am

Some weeks ago I went there and saw that the woman was working in the kitchen again. She told me that several customers told her that it was better if she herself was prepairing the food. I agreed to that, the food was delicious and full off flavour. They now have a beautifull website as well http://www.siam2.es
Last edited by Wim Dubbel on Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:53 am

Wim Dubbel wrote:Some weeks ago I went there and saw that the woman was cooking herself
I am pleased she wasn't cooking the customers at least, but not sure there would be much on the menu once she had done the arms, legs and torso?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.