Your favourite local Restaurante

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
olive
Andalucia Guru

Your favourite local Restaurante

Postby olive » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:16 pm

I know we can use Tripadvisor but I thought it might be good to have a thread where folk could say a bit about a favourite local restaurant and why you like them. We are often disappointed by places we choose on days out.

Mine would be Atracon in Loja. It has a terrace with reasonable views over the valley as does the indoor part. A huge selection of foods including ,unusually for our area, some “ foreign stuff” . A lot is fresh as they do a good trade delivering meals too. Two little niggles. The first tapas are always the same - a bag of nice crisps and plate of olives. The second is that the portions are enormous. My recommendation would be to share a ration and then have something else to share if still hungry. The house special dessert to share is good too with a selection of small desserts. High praise from me as I normally avoid dessert unless it is fruit or ice cream.

They also have an identical menu place in Huetor Tajar and one in Jaen city. I think it is a family business so it wouldnt surprise me if the one in Jaen has an identical menu too.

Where and why do you recommend somewhere you go to eat?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Your favourite local Restaurante

Postby costakid » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Loads in Malaga but Los Gatos and Meson Mariano, both on Plaza Uncibay are very good.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:15 pm

Good subject Olive.. :thumbup:
I don't have a clear out right favourite.
My food memories are usually tapas bars and there are so many good ones in the Granada region, the free portions have got bigger over the yrs and for the price of 2 beers most people would say well I've had dinner! or where i come from we would say"well lthat's my tea". :) Such is the competition that the tapas are not of poor quality and Spanish people go where they serve the best tapas.What i do like or prefer is that some bars have a tapas menu as opposed to bringing out whatever they have decided to make for that day. there is less waste when people can choose. There is one particular small family run bar in Purullena called el churre. They don't over do the portion sizes which hubby and sons prefer because they like to leave room for a variety of tapas which the wife serves, they think she is one of the best cooks and i have to admit her chicken is to die for.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:31 pm

Pata Negra 57 in Nerja.

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:27 am

The lamb leg is excellent Sid

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:09 am

Haven't been to Pata Negea 57 in Nerja...Love Nerja and the areas around Nerja..will be calling in nerja next Summer for 2days...I would like to try Pata Negra...best meal i had in nerja ever was in one of the beach bars near the end of the beach, best steak ive ever tasted..

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:44 am

If you like fish, PN57 are really good. It's a pretty upmarket restaurant so you will eat Sea Bass or Scallops, not Boquerones and mussels! Nice website http://www.restaurantepatanegra57.com/index.html

The other nice place is Jacky's. They do an 8 course menu with unlimited wine for €30. We've been there many times.

Sid

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Im not the biggest lover of fish in uk.but i do like poached smoked haddock and cod..also salmon..i never ever order fish in Uk in a restaurant ..i do love chiparones and bacalo in Spain and i tend to buy bacalaitos at the fish markets..Why is fish so expensive here in Uk? And when they get their brexit fishing laws sorted will it be any cheaper and will we have variety?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:51 pm

I am not a great fish lover. Cod in beer batter is still my favourite :mrgreen: I like salmon, fresh not farmed. Hate it smoked. Mussels in white wine still my favourite. Wouldn't say fish is cheap in Spanish restaurants, particularly when sold by weight. I rarely choose fish in restaurants but sometimes cook salmon if we have visitors as it's quick and easy with a cream and white wine sauce. Don't eat Tuna in Spain as it is nearly always bruised, the way they kill them.

Love the crab fritters they do around Cadiz. El Faro is a good place, great profiteroles for desert.