Kiosk eateries Atarazanas

What are your favourite Restaurants and Bars? Share the recommendation with the forum!
olive
Andalucia Guru

Kiosk eateries Atarazanas

Postby olive » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:03 pm

On our recent visit to Malaga centre, we spent a delightful time looking around the Atarazanas market and came away with a bagful of things.

We had a seafood snack at one of the kiosks inside. ( scallops, seafood skewers and a glass of cold Verdejo). It was the wrong time of the day for a larger intake of food. Two places struck me . First was a simple seafood restaurant at the back where you could buy stuff like six cigallas . The other was a cafe/restaurant opposite the front entrance. On the way in I saw someone lifting a large octopus out of a cooking pot. On the way out the pot had something else in and next to it was a large joint of roast ed pork.

Anyone used any of these places or got recommendations for what I loosely call street food?

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: Kiosk eateries Atarazanas

Postby BENIDORM » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:06 am

I always head for the local market wherever I go, good food ,character and good price.

I agree Malaga market great and Seville great ,Leeds market great...pie and peas...Yum Yum..

Regards,
Gordon the Gourmet... :D

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:13 am

We use the market all the time. In my opinion the best 2 bars are: As you walk along from Calle larios the market is on your right, the last door on the right are the best 2 bars for food. As you enter the building the bar directly in front of you on left is great, they cook behind you as you stand at the bar. Manolo is the waiter, 55 ish with pedro moustache. The other one is on the right through the door in the corner, bigger selection but not my favourite.
There is another on the back wall that is fish only which is good also.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:21 pm

Thanks Costa, i thought you might have used them. We went to the fish only spot at the far end.

Anyone tried either of the places outside in my original post?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:55 pm

reply or pm me details of outside restaurants please. More directions please