Estepona acoustic music sessions

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
Reinoso
Tourist

Estepona acoustic music sessions

Postby Reinoso » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:52 pm

Any acoustic musicians / singers in the Estepona area interested in getting together for a regular session? Fiddle, mandolin, ukulele, harmonica or whatever as long as it can be played unplugged.

If there is enough interest we could maybe find a friendly bar / cafe and make it a regular event.
Start with "One singer one song" in rotation with people joining in and see where it goes from there.

I am an acoustic fingerstyle guitar player - Folk, blues, ragtime, celtic & a bit of jazz.
IF YOU ARE AFFECTED BY A VIA PECUARIA, PLEASE MAKE THE EFFORT TO SUBMIT A PETITION TO THE E.U. THEY ARE CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING THIS ABUSE OF OUR PROPERTY RIGHTS. http://www.europarl.europa.eu/parliamen ... anguage=EN

Reinoso
Tourist

Re: Estepona acoustic music sessions

Postby Reinoso » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:53 pm

Forgot to include guitar players. Oops!
IF YOU ARE AFFECTED BY A VIA PECUARIA, PLEASE MAKE THE EFFORT TO SUBMIT A PETITION TO THE E.U. THEY ARE CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING THIS ABUSE OF OUR PROPERTY RIGHTS. http://www.europarl.europa.eu/parliamen ... anguage=EN

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:12 pm

Did you ever get this off the ground?
I don't live in spain but come to Estepona every year or two and would love to join a group like that. I have great fun going to a couple of open mics in my home town and am prt of a four piece 60s covers band who do a few gigs each year... Mainly for charity.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

There is a choir of some sort that get together on Monday mornings in Estepona Port. I do not go but know a couple of people do.

granLeon

Postby granLeon » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:48 am

I play six string ukuleles both metal and traditional nylon, would be delighted to play with other people, perhaps work out a few tunes of mutual delight. I have never played an open mike, I doubt the nerves would handle it :)

I live in Nueva Andalusia, travel is not a problem, let me know if there is any interest in doing this.

Cheers

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:44 pm

Grant... I wouldn't stress about playing at an open mic. From my experience most of the people listening are players themselves and would always give the person performing a good reception, no matter what standard they are. I've made some good friends at the ones I go to.
We never heard from the OP. I wonder what happened.