Property Prices Up by 3.74% So Far This Year

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:58 pm

The property market in Malaga Province has begun the year slowly with the price of new properties in the first 3 months increasing by a lower percentage than in previous years. The price per square metre in Malaga city is now 2,947 Euros, and increase of 2.59%. On the Western Costa, the figures are 2,563 Euros psm, a 5.93% increase, on the Eastern Costa the figures are 2,452 Euros psm, a 1.78% increase and in the interior of the province the average price is now 2,082 Euros psm, a 6.8% increase. The weighted average for the whole province is 2,540 Euros psm, an overall increase of 3.74% against the same period last year.

The property market in Malaga Province has begun the year slowly with the price of new properties in the first 3 months increasing by a lower percentage than in previous years. The price per square metre in Malaga city is now 2,947 Euros, and increase of 2.59%. On the Western Costa, the figures are 2,563 Euros psm, a 5.93% increase, on the Eastern Costa the figures are 2,452 Euros psm, a 1.78% increase and in the interior of the province the average price is now 2,082 Euros psm, a 6.8% increase. The weighted average for the whole province is 2,540 Euros psm, an overall increase of 3.74% against the same period last year.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:04 pm

Nice to see that the property prices are still rising....but is anyone buying

these properties..?......at any price..... :wink:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:23 pm

According to these figues my inland house of 150 sq m is worth 312300 euros. It's been for sale (the original "cash" buyer never had any money!!!) since last September for 148000 euros. A bargain, or what?

So the answer is "No! No one is buying anything at these figures. Or anything close".

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:35 pm

Heard someone speaking yesterday , said that he bought a penthouse last year for 300,000 and its now worth 350,000...wonder if they really believe it themselves or if they just like to boast thinking we don't know the truth?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:18 pm

Yes, I agree. I've just ploughed my way through the big thread on 'house prices falling' on the General site. Goodness knows what's happening. All I know is that there is all sorts of property for sale at all sorts of prices for all sorts of people.

There was a big feature in today's Daily Telegraph Property Supplement about the renewed enthusiasm of Brits buying property in France (but the article could just as easily have been about Spain - except for journalistic even-handedness it wasn't as the Travel Supplement had a huge piece on Extremadura, Spain). The love affair with Bulgaria, Croatia and Turkey seems to be over. Language too difficult. Health care and education services poor. Infrastructure hopeless.

France and Spain will ALWAYS be a safe bet in the long run.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

prices

Postby Julie » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:17 pm

When someones says, they bought their property, so long ago and now its worth so much, well unless they have now sold it for that price that doesn't mean a thing, any property is only worth what someone will pay for it, so until its sold, you never know, I never listen to people who say the property has risen in price, because it is only hearsay until sold in my opinion :roll:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:36 pm

I agree, Julie, and unless a person sells a property without the need to buy another one in the same housing market the increase in value is meaningless as the new property will also be correspondingly more expensive.

polaris
Tourist

Postby polaris » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:33 pm

C'mon guys lets not take the British disease of house price mania across the water. :wink:
Stop the world I want to get off!