Opinions please!

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Heston
Resident

moving

Postby Heston » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:30 pm

Dido I so think you are doing the right thing we took a massive chance and luckily it paid off but we didnt have kids to think about..ur being very sensible and you WILL be here soon in fact when you do I will buy you a big beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:31 pm

I would give up my life in marbella to be 34, maybe the car and husband :wink:

anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby anewlife » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:04 am

Well, all I can say, like many, is that we made the decision to move to Spain. My parents had moved here anyway, retired, but my OH wanted a better life for us and our son. Our son is now 11, almost fluent in Spanish, my parents love it and we have just bought our massive casa cueva in Galera. We were in the fortunate position of having a house to sell in the UK which has financed the purchase of our house here and all the work that needed doing, but we also have another house in the UK which we rent, so once in our new house, we will save rental here, as we have rented for 2 years, so if you are in a position to do that, then do it. As for work, I work for my dad doing graphic design and websites, so I have been lucky. My OH sells property (I can hear you all say ooooogh dodgy!), but where we are, the agent is well respected and has been for the last 15 years. My OH also fits Sky, so he has other work as well.

But it depends on where you are going to settle - coast or inland - we chose inland because my parents are here, but we didn't come out with rose tinted glasses, we knew we had to earn a living, although we had enough savings to get us through it, for a while. Inland, it doesn't cost a lot to live, but you have to have a safeguard in case things don't work out.

Our 11 year old son has been in the local school for 2 years now and is almost bilingual. What I will say about our son, is that his maths is as good, if not better than it was in the uk!

Think seriously, check your finances in the UK - then make your decision.