After you've bought a Property

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
jennyshaw
Resident

After you've bought a Property

Postby jennyshaw » Sun May 13, 2007 7:25 pm

What should you pay, Yearly, quarterly, monthly weekly?

I bought 18 months ago and apart from paying my electricity by direct debit straight from the bank and water bills in the bank, and because we bought an apartment from a block of 3 floors the first being garages which belong to the people above us, which was all owned by on person which was split it all up between his relatives when he died, the person who inherited our apartment didn't want it so he sold it to us, and last year we just gave them a third of the property tax, (is that the IBI?) which they were happy with.

We don't live there just holiday there, all I have is my NIE and bank account, no residency etc.

Should I be paying anything else? to anyone, and when?

:? :?
Jenny

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Mon May 14, 2007 9:00 am

I pay I.B.I. (Rates), Basura (Rubbish) and Car tax, all to the Town Hall. I do it by direct debit, but you can just go and pay cash. You should go and register with your Town Hall.

If you do not pay on time, most Town Halls inpose a penalty. Technically it is the other way round in that they give you a discount for promp payment.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

jwc
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jwc » Mon May 14, 2007 10:46 am

I know all properties will differ, but what roughly should I expect to pay for I.B.I and Barusa on a 3 bed apartment Estepona.

jennyshaw
Resident

Postby jennyshaw » Tue May 15, 2007 8:24 am

Thanks for the answers guys.
Jenny