moving to Andalucia

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
gus-lopez
Resident

Re: moving to Andalucia

Postby gus-lopez » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Sid, I always ring on this one;

Overseas Healthcare Team (Newcastle)
Room TC001
Tyneview Park
Whitley Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE98 1BA

Phone 0191 218 1999 (Monday to Friday 8am-5pm).
That's direct for any UK/overseas healthcare/contribution questions.
Todos somos Lorca.

Sailor
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Sailor » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:28 am

Thank you guys for your info, we will follow up with the British department on Monday, see what we find out.
We must be sure that we get appropriate health insurance. This is the most important issue for us. We have another idea, instead of taking up the option and purchase the property in La Duquesa we can still sell our house here in OZ ,pack all the furniture and stuff we were going to pack for that house in a container and leave the stuff here in the container and go back to Andalusia and rent until we find another house, then get t he container shipped.
I would have to hedge against The falling Aussie $ , you British nationals would have a similar problem with the pound/ EUR , any suggestions or experiences you van share?
Would be most appreciated. Also names of private health cover providers that have been proven to be OK ,I realise that nothing is perfect in life and we would only need insurance for the major stuff like hospital and major operation cover, not just to see a doctor or dentist.
Thanks
Cheers
Rainer

Sailor
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Sailor » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:57 am

Hello all, we have made progress re my partners health insurance with the people in Newcastle and yes , she is entitled to the S 1 form and I can be an dependent ( poor ) Aussie , but the Spanish may not accept me in their health system. My lawyer and the consulate in Sydney told me , verbally, that once I become resident I am covered in the Spanish health system. I wonder if any non EU resident can conform this. Also I have another question, I believe it is possible to subscribe to pay TV and then be able to watch international channels, is this expensive?
Thanks
Rainer

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:10 am

Hello Rainer,
Good to hear that you are making progress.!

With regard to the pay TV question ,can I suggest that you read through the sections on A.Com that are dedicated to all items of TV and communications, there some very informed people there who will be able to help you ,I'm sure.
I think that A.Com probably has the best team of 'Anoraks' available , ask and you will be informed . :lol:

Good Luck,
Regards,
Gordon.

barry
Resident

Postby barry » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:25 pm

If you are her dependant then you will need to be listed as such on the S1 form, you should then have no problems being issued with a health card in Spain.

Sailor
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Sailor » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:22 am

Hi Gordon, I have just been looking for ACom in the forum but it does not appear in the general section, could you steer me in the right direction? What I did find in some other comments is that there are apparently lots of cable and sat tv providers I will also need wifi broadband.
Cheers
Rainer

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:09 am

Hello Rainer,
Sorry, only just noticed your request..

Well of course you have already arrived at 'A.Com', sorry I wasn't very clear with my directions.

If you go back to the main page where the different sections are listed and scroll down to Computer, Internet, Telephony and Electronics you will find the answers to your question and of course many other items that I'm sure you will need.

And you can if you wish take the lift down to the correct floor,...' Comp.etc 'to the right and 'Ladies Underwear' to the left... and when you arrive at the correct dept you will be greeted by a wealth of experience and most helpful anoraks who will assist you and they are open 24 hours a day !
( I am of course joking about the lift )... :wave:

Regards,
Gordon.

Sailor
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Sailor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:57 am

Thanks Gordon, sorry I have not replied earlier, been busy. I shall return to the computers etc sect now. I like the one with the Anoraks too.
In your opinion are house prices generally improving, steady or still falling in Andalucia?
I have taken out a forward contract because I thing the AUD is falling against the EUR.
Cheers
Rainer

Sailor
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Sailor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:57 am

Thanks Gordon, sorry I have not replied earlier, been busy. I shall return to the computers etc sect now. I like the one with the Anoraks too.
In your opinion are house prices generally improving, steady or still falling in Andalucia?
I have taken out a forward contract because I thing the AUD is falling against the EUR.
Cheers
Rainer

Sailor
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Sailor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:09 am

Hello all, I do have another questions, where or how is the best way to buy a car in Spain? I will be looking for a VW Jetta , or Skoda , Renault or similar with a diesel automatic near new , say 10 k km on it. Where are the best second hand car yards between Malaga and Gib. During my visit a few weeks ago I hardly saw any used car yards, here in OZ there is one at every major road corner.
Thanks
Rainer

Sailor
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Sailor » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:55 pm

Hi all, well some of you will have realised on other sections that we do move to Spain ( after 3 3month
Stints checking it all out, from OZ last May. As mentioned earlier my partner of 28 years now has a British and Aussie passport and I have only an Aussie passport.
Ann , ( partner) got her residency straight away with the British passport , I was rejected twice for missing apostilled and other little issues but our lawyers appealed and I did get my residency and Extranajero card finally from Estepona police in Feb. Since Ann has an S1 form and I am her dependent! I am now also covered , as of yesterday in the Spanish health system!
It was a learning curve as to deal with the Spanish in various departments and we found them generally helpful if not bureaucratic, but they mostly respond to a Hola or Buenos Dias and a big smile.
Any other non EU applicants can contact me if they wish and I might be able to help.
We also overcame our problem with our Aussie drivers licences which are not recognised here.
Another long story.
Thanks for every bodies help,
Rainer

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi Sailor, glad you got that stuff sorted out. Did you rent or buy in the end? And are you happy in Andalucía?

Sailor
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Sailor » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:35 pm

Hi Maureenscot

Yes it has been a bit of a process because I am an Aussie and not member of the EU but it was not stressful except some of the waiting times and the 2 knock backs.
Yes we do like it here in a quiet part of Andalucia, La Duquesa, which is near Estepona and Gib and many beautiful Spanish towns like Gaucin, Casares, Ronda etc etc.
I am having my moments after we have been through a mild but still cold ( for us coming from the Gold Coast) longish winter, but we had some lovely days. It's still hard at times and people ask me why I came here , the short answer is we love Europe for its history and OZ has 2 problems , apart from being a great country, it is too big and samish and too damn far away from Europe, one only realises that when retired. If OZ was 8 hours away flying we would not write these lines, but for us and my partners family the flying has become a burden, so here we are and generally liking it a lot.
Thanks for your interest.
Cheers
Rainer

Sailor
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Sailor » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:37 pm

Sorry Maureenscot, yes we ended up buying a nice Andalusian style Villa, it's the Australian ( older people's ) way. :wink:
Cheers
Rainer

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:16 pm

Sailor - Glad to hear you got somewhat settled Sailor. I think you may find it rewarding to sit back now and enjoy the spring - quite the best time of the year down here. Summer will probably remind you of Australia!! I wonder if you found the winter a bit dismal and tedious because it came at the wrong time of the year for you down-under types? This year's winter weather certainly has had its ups and downs and a fair variety.
Cheers then, and let us know how you get on!
NOTE ABOUT FORUM CHANGES - I'm doing a "quick reply" here - is that why there are no smileys? Shucks! ;>)

JuliaStein
Tourist

Postby JuliaStein » Thu May 12, 2016 11:27 am

Rent , rent and rent again. If you buy and do want to move on you'll never sell it at the moment.