Can UK O.A.P'S Survive in Spain On Basic Pensions.?

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Can UK O.A.P'S Survive in Spain On Basic Pensions.?

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:19 pm

Or all the poor sods who ended up with their pension schemes going kaput who werent lucky enough to swan off at 50 on a public sector final salary.

I would think theres enough people without or with a very little private pension who bought their own houses for next to nothing thanks to maggie and espeically in the south east sold them off for 100s of k

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:34 pm

Lavanda, Evelyn and Elusive ...Thought provoking and humourous comments...Thank You...

Katy,
I don't do 'little digs', I just state the facts and I must point out that you are not the only 'Gone Back' expat who contributes here, and anyway I really love you and your sometimes twisted humour... :wave:

Have a lovely evening everyone...wherever you are... :D

Regards,
Gordon the Gardener.....

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:47 pm

katy wrote:
Pamela1 wrote:A neighbour had a drinks party last week. He was 80. Showed us a letter he had had from the DWP. Said now that he is 80 he is entitled to another 25p per week. Wonder when that was set, about 1920 :lol:
I imagine it would of cost more than 25p to send the letter :wtf: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.