Moving to Martos

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
deflo
Tourist

Moving to Martos

Postby deflo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:41 pm

I am coming to Martos this week to finalise the purchase of a house and will be living there. I would appreciate contact from English speakers in Martos for general advice and in particular where I might by a refrigerator.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Moving to Martos

Postby Enrique » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi deflo,
Welcome to The Forum.............. :D
We have had Members from Martos Posting in the past but they have been quiet of late.

Yellow Pages.................... :idea:

http://www.paginasamarillas.es/search/e ... se&qc=true
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

deflo
Tourist

Postby deflo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:14 pm

Thank you, that is a big help.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:26 pm

Welcome to the Forum - I must admit I had to look Martos up on a Google search, never having heard of it. Looks like the Olive producing centre of the olive-producing region in Jaen. Hope you like the countryside up there. We are way over to the west in Huelva but have plenty of olives over here too!
For the Refrigerator, I would suggest you look round the local electro-domestico shops and then compare range of products and prices with the bigger shops in Jaen capital ... you will probably find that good prices are to be found in your smaller local town and you can establish a rapport with your local supplier, and they are often not only more accessible in case of problems but do have good back-up from the manufacturers that they supply from for after-sales and repairs etc.
Wishing you well - keep in touch and let us know how you get on in your new place. :thumbup:
Cheers :wave:

deflo
Tourist

Postby deflo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:57 pm

Hello, I chose Martos mainly because I like the region and the house has a large garden, which my apartment does not. Yes, olive trees abound, as far as the eye can see and it is quite elevated (750m) so summer will not be quite as hot as where I am (Malta).

Thank you for advice re refrigerator.