Advice re estate agents in Almeria region

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
ChampagneFairy

Advice re estate agents in Almeria region

Postby ChampagneFairy » Mon May 23, 2016 4:04 pm

Hello everyone
I'm hoping I might be able to get a bit of advice from some experts if possible please
I'm coming to stay in Taberno in July for 2 months as I'm looking for a property. I've realised that a 2 week trip isn't sufficient time to find the ideal area etc hence my longer stay, which may be extended further.
I have registered with a few local estate agents who cover the areas I'm interested in - I'm looking to buy somewhere with a bit of land, quiet & relatively "rural" in the following places Albox/Huercal Overa/Arboleas/Oria/Velez Rubio
I think I'm asking the right questions (as I've done a lot of research) but was wondering if anyone has had good/bad experiences with agencies over there that they'd like to make me aware of? Also any recommendations for reliable property lawyers would be gratefully received.
I'm a lone female so it's a tad scary!
I appreciate any assistance or advice thank you

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Advice re estate agents in Almeria region

Postby Beachcomber » Mon May 23, 2016 5:23 pm

I know a reliable estate agent in Roquetas de Mar but that is probably too far away but there is a lawyer in Almería who is a friend whom I have known for thirty years and who is honest and trustworthy which are words that are not normally associated with Spanish lawyers.

He is Jesús Marín Durbán García who is also joint owner of the Marin Rosa department store in Almería. The office telephone number is 950 251822 and I think property purchase is now handled by his partner's daughter María del Carmen Moya Cordero.
Let's go Brandon!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon May 23, 2016 9:59 pm

Albox is a brits abroad area. Not very nice in my opinion. 50 year old men in football shirts when we visited a few years back. Also a lot of illegal builds in that area.

ChampagneFairy

Postby ChampagneFairy » Tue May 24, 2016 9:43 pm

Thanks so much everyone, really appreciate you taking the time to give me this information.
I had heard that Albox was one of the places to beware of regarding illegal properties so I shall certainly be on my guard. I'm registered with Almeria Homes, Calida, Coles & Locations in the Sun so far & they do seem to be quite helpful with advice on what to avoid. But having just sold my house in the uk I'm always a bit wary of estate agents!!

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Thu May 26, 2016 8:04 pm

Steven Howlett of VIP Almeria has worked with us and I found him to very helpful and a man of his word. He works with A Place in The Sun as well. http://www.vipalmeria.com/
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:20 pm

Hi Champagne Fairy, you seem to have some of the main Estate Agents covered, however there are many more. You’ve maybe already done this, but if not, just Google ‘houses for sale’,with the area you’re interested in, there are websites like kyero.com, or get info from the local free paper ‘Euro Weekly News’, you can get it on-line.
Albox itself isn’t bad; yes a lot of Brits go there because it’s the largest town around, but the vast majority of them live in the smaller towns & villages around it.
There has been a lot of talk about the illegal in properties in the area, the local Town Halls are trying hard to legalise or ‘regulise’ (I think that’s the word, just don’t know about the spelling!) them, plus, good Estate Agents won’t touch them. Furthermore, most Town Halls have an English speaker working there, who will be able to advise you of the legality of any properties, and help with other queries you may have.
A good Lawyer is Rianne Smulders http://www.smuldersabogados.es , a Dutch lady that has lived in Oria for some years, and is married to a Spaniard. Being a foreigner and female, she has had to work hard to become established & accepted...... That’s just my opinion!
If you’re interested in Oria & Vélez Rubio, you must look at Chirivel, a nice little town between the two.

PM also sent
Happy hunting
Gretch

starynightsky
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby starynightsky » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:06 pm

Be aware of how high above sea level that you want to live. Taberno will be warmer in the winter than chirivel or saliente for example.

DannyandJosie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DannyandJosie » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:18 pm

Try Sean at www.spanish-inland-properties.com. We bought a place through hum last year and have nothing but good things to say about him. He started to sell properties in the Almeria area at the end of last year.
"When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself" Earl Nightingale