First scout of areas to live

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
maureenscot
Resident

Re: First scout of areas to live

Postby maureenscot » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:59 am

We had a lovely holiday in Pedragalejo last year. We chose it as my elderly mother was with us and it was not too far from the airport. It was lovely and we stayed in the 'lanes' at the seafront. Later in the year me and other half stayed in Olvera, Pruna, and Antequera. I t was a great holiday wwith loads to do and places to visit. The biggest diffrence for us was the price of food and drink in Malaga/Pedragalejo was much dearer. But each to their own.

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:29 am

Have a look at Caleta de Velez. Very Spanish, quieter than Torre del Mar ( but within walking distance), three large supermarkets and smaller shops, plenty of bars and chiringuitos, good doctors and post office, frequent bus services to Malaga, Nerja and Velez Malaga,and excellent beach. There is also the fishing port, Marina and Saturday market.
Hardworking resident !!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:04 am

maureenscot wrote:We had a lovely holiday in Pedragalejo last year. We chose it as my elderly mother was with us and it was not too far from the airport. It was lovely and we stayed in the 'lanes' at the seafront. Later in the year me and other half stayed in Olvera, Pruna, and Antequera. I t was a great holiday wwith loads to do and places to visit. The biggest diffrence for us was the price of food and drink in Malaga/Pedragalejo was much dearer. But each to their own.
If you think Malaga is expensive for food you want to go to Marbella or Banus. Malaga is very cheap compared to those 2.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:22 pm

Sorry costakid, was comparing Pedragalejo to Olvira, Pruna and Antequera