Utilities and Completing House Sale.

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
jogger
Resident

Utilities and Completing House Sale.

Postby jogger » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:03 am

Hi, it looks like our house sale will be complete in early January. The lawyer said she will organise the utilities. My question is, as it is a new house and never been connected, what will happen? Will we have to be there for the connections?

Also while I'm here, we have given her power of attorney, which she has said we don't have to even be in Spain for the sale, we just get our bank in Spain organised and get the cheques set up for the amounts needed for the sale, she will then do the business and we come over to collect the keys when ready. These seems really good for us and really good customer service, is it how others have done it or not?

Free at Last
Resident

Re: Utilities and Completing House Sale.

Postby Free at Last » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 am

I gave power of attorney to my lawyer when I bought my house and the process was exactly as you describe. I was not present at completion but just collected the keys from their office a few weeks later. I didn't experience any problems, although you do need to revoke the power of attorney at a later date.

I can't answer your other question as I didn't buy a new house. The lawyer did arrange for the electricity and water bills to be transferred into my name, but with respect to the electricity the actual contract wasn't changed, just the direct debit (that is very common because to get a new contract involves getting a boletin). I did that myself some time later.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:36 am

Hi jogger,
Another one here that used power of attorney, and just picked up the keys.............but that was in the days when things were more relaxed .

As you have been a A.com member for some time I trust you're up to speed on all the Licenses that are now required.
Have agreed the potencia for your Electrical supply that will suite your needs .
Have got both of you registered with AEAT for Non-Resident tax if you're just a holiday home owner.

Maybe when you have completed you could write up the whole procedure and get your name up in lights on the FAQ's............. :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:29 pm

Thanks FAL and Enrique, that is very reassuring, we are looking forward to completion.

No Enrique, we haven't set up the tax thing AEAT as yet, we knew we would have to pay a non resident tax but thought that would be something we had time to address during the year. We intend to be permanent residents within the year. Any advice on that would be gratefully accepted.....