New property owner registering for tax - Modelo 30 and need for IBAN

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Espana101
Andalucia.com Amigo

New property owner registering for tax - Modelo 30 and need for IBAN

Postby Espana101 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:24 am

I have just bought a property in the joint names of myself, wife and (adult) daughter. My wife and I opened a bank account, but we did not think to put our daughter's name on the account. The bank says that it is now too late to do so.

I looked at the online registration for Spanish tax, and it seems that it is necessary to get an electronic ID from the tax authorities to register with the online Modelo 30. If I have understood correctly this involves receiving a letter with an access code. Thus far, no big issue.

However, to register for the electronic ID the system requires a surname, NIE and a Spanish IBAN. Our daughter, of course, does not have a Spanish IBAN. Does this mean that we have to get one for her (an unnecessary hassle and additional cost given the account maintenance fees charged). Is there any way around this ?

As a PS, the system currently seems to be non-functional as I am getting this message when I try to register myself "En estos momentos no es posible establecer conexión para verificar los datos de identidad". Is this a normal state of affairs or have I just been unlucky ??

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: New property owner registering for tax - Modelo 30 and need for IBAN

Postby Enrique » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:22 am

Hi Espana101,

That could mean that there is currently a problem with the site, or your input info is incorrect.........give it 24hrs and try again.

Might be worth clearing the Cookies for that site........... :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: New property owner registering for tax - Modelo 30 and need for IBAN

Postby costakid » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:15 pm

Clear cookies and cache. Reboot and try again.