Rute

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Pirateprincess
Andalucia.com Amigo

Rute

Postby Pirateprincess » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi guys any info on moving to Ruth, the usual questions, ex pats, amenities, schools, needs for English teachers and plumbers tilers etc?..
LOUISE M

maureenscot
Resident

Re: Rute

Postby maureenscot » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:26 pm

There is an English Estate Agent there who would probably answer all your questions

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:14 pm

Pirateprincess wrote:Hi guys any info on moving to Ruth, the usual questions, ex pats, amenities, schools, needs for English teachers and plumbers tilers etc?..
Never been to Rute, I do know that it's a small town of around 10,000 inhabitants so the infrastructure and amenities will be pretty much normal for a town of that size although probably on a lesser scale than a larger town.

I guess there are opportunities for qualified English teachers almost everywhere in Spain but you would probably need to work in Cordoba or a similar sized place to get regular work.

There are probably no English or international schools locally but only by doing your own research will you find this out.

Without wishing to sound negative I will say this regarding tiling/plumbing work, most of it will be done by locals who know the regulations and methods of working much better than foreigners, you will not get €25-30 per hour, maybe 12-15, if you can get work.

If you are intending to move there without jobs in place I'd figure on taking at least €10.000 with you for living expenses plus rent for a year.

Sorry if my post appears negative but it's close to the truth and better that you know up front the challenges you will face.

Pirateprincess
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pirateprincess » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:56 pm

Thanks folks,Maureen Scott do you have the agents website
LOUISE M

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:25 am

Also be aware, Rute is very hilly and suited more to mountain goats.....or at least that’s my view of the place.
We have friends who lived there for a few years (working as an estate agent) but unfortunately she had severe arthritis problems and they have returned to UK.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:59 pm

Pirate princess. I am not sure if I am allowed to state a commercial firm. I have sent you a PM