A Place to call Home

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Smartpulse

A Place to call Home

Postby Smartpulse » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:10 pm

Morning All, love this site although I haven't been near for six years. Left Spain because of a family crisis and have now decided it's time to return - if you had experienced "The Beast from the East" you'd be making the same decision. Our previous sojourn taught us a bit about living in Spain and allowed us to discover what we like.

We know we do not wish to live on the coast when there are so many lovely, and quiet villages just a little way inland. We have a few ideal attributes. A village needs a shop and a bar and doesn't need industry or a tourist complex. Our ideal would be south-facing (don't want to be in shadow all day) and not too high, maybe up to 600m altitude. Neighbours would be nice but not necessarily too close but there again there are bargain townhouses to be had with great living spaces and character which only age provides so a house inside a village with neighbours and space for my absolute essentials might be an option. The essentials -established grape vines, a productive fig tree or two and maybe a lemon and one or two olives - I'm too old to wait for them to grow.

Ok, so I'm fussy, some might say quite demanding but we only get one chance on this planet so where we lay our head matters. How can you help - My wife and I would love to hear about villages in Almeria towards the Murcia border which you know and love. Who knows I may have described a village - maybe even a house you know well. Shout out folks, we're buying this year and this is the start of our search!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: A Place to call Home

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:34 pm

You just described my place!..not Murcia but Granada/Almeria...best of both...but i dont think you would want ir..far too many vines to look after.
..60 olives and 35 fruit trees and enough land to start a market garden..Neighbours are lovely and far enough apart to wave to from a distance..Heaven yes! But hard work!..Still, maybe one day before we have grown way too old i hope there is someone out there like minded to buy my precious spot in Andalucia . :wave:

Stalvik
Tourist

Postby Stalvik » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:54 am

We recently got a townhouse in Martos. I am just totally in love with the city. It’s small enough that you can walk everywhere but big enough to have a couple of good sized grocery stores as well as a nice bar street.

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariposa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:54 pm

We are selling our Cortijo in Torrecuevas just outside Almuñécar in Granada province...about 7 Kms inland. Needs renovation inside but manageable garden...I lemon I mandarin a so far non productive kiwi, and old vine needing attention, veg plot plus pool. 3 beds in small hamlet near village with 2 bars plus shop and farmacia...pm me for more details.

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariposa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:55 pm

Oh yes and 2 chirrimoyas and 2 avocados...