New Septic Tank & Swimming Pool Installation

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
tonyhamiltonsr
Tourist

New Septic Tank & Swimming Pool Installation

Postby tonyhamiltonsr » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi,
I am looking to move to a piece of land in Nerpio, Castile La Mancha, Murcia.(Around Sept time)

Can anyone put Me in touch with a firm who can install a septic tank for Me?
Has anyone any idea of costing for this based on a 20 person usage?

Can anyone put Me in touch with a firm who can install a swimming pool for Me?
Has anyone any idea of costing for this based on a Length 10m x Width 5m x Depth 1m-2m?

All advice and info will be greatly appreciated :D

Tony Hamilton sr
Tony Hamilton sr

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: New Septic Tank & Swimming Pool Installation

Postby olive » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:01 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Ball park figure for the swimming pool. 15,000 euros, more if there is landscaping and terracing and tiling of the terraces.

A big question that needs answering is will you be able to get/or have got permission for these works? You say it is a piece of land. has it got a legal house on it already? Have you got a water supply to fill up and keep a swimming pool topped up? 20 person usage? That sounds like a commercial premises. Have you got licences for that?

tonyhamiltonsr
Tourist

Postby tonyhamiltonsr » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi Olive and thank You

The reason for 15 people is that I like having too much so if for example 12 people were to come and visit Me I wouldn't worry about not having enough.

The land if I get it is 130,00m2 with a 10% build license, it also has a ruined house on the land so may actually have a waste system which I would need to have checked out if I agree the price etc

Myself and My friend will each put our own homes on this land, He and His Mrs and just Me.

So the septic tank will be shared.
Tony Hamilton sr

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:29 pm

That sounds a good approach to build in sufficient septic tank capacity.

I have no experience of people getting permission to build on land(rustic or urban) but the Spanish expat forums have threads on the pitfalls of the subject. 10% build licence presumably means a total across the two homes of 130 square metres which isn't a lot for two homes and guests. I am guessing that is the same size as the ruined house. At least if there is a ruin then there maybe water and electric already connected. If not that is a cost the buyer has to bear and can be huge particularly for the electric. Mains water here is not a human right and maybe physically unavailable even if nearby. If you haven't already done so, I suggest you have a trip to the local Ayuntamiento (town Hall) for the area and check out that your plans will/are approved before buying the land. I do know of a neighbour who thought they had permission to knock down a ruin and build same footprint and it got stopped. Four years on it is just an overgrown abandoned shell. Sorry to sound a bit negative. Estate agents say anything to get a sale for their client, they are not working for you.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Consult the local town hall before embarking on any of this.
Permission to build two separate dwellings on a single plot may be difficult.
Check out feasibility of both water and electricity supplies - if the plot is remote, both could be expensive.
Pool cost could be double the figure above, and permission may be essential.
Modern multi-chamber septic tank for 4-6 people can be around €2000 here, supplied and fitted.
Chris

tonyhamiltonsr
Tourist

Postby tonyhamiltonsr » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:36 pm

10% means 13000m2 as land is 130000m2 and its I've been told for multiple dwellings too which is fantastic!

I will definitely visit the local town hall and with My Friends Partner as She has lived in Spain since age 6 so speaks fluent and articulate Spanish which will be an advantage.

And listen negativity is one of the reasons I came on this site, its good to be informed of the negatives to help make balanced and informed decisions.
Tony Hamilton sr

tonyhamiltonsr
Tourist

Postby tonyhamiltonsr » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:40 pm

Thanks Chris, Yes Town Hall will be done without a doubt.

I have a company in UK who can do a WPL Diamond DMC6 Sewage Treatment Plant 21-27 Population which is £6500 but they won't instal in Spain so I would need a decent contractor to instal and maybe source/supply similar, if You know one?
Tony Hamilton sr

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:43 pm

My 6 person Septic tank (3 chamber) cost 2500€ last year. it is a poor job, though what he quoted for, I should have gone for the higher quote at 3000€.
Hindsight.

tonyhamiltonsr
Tourist

Postby tonyhamiltonsr » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:18 pm

Hi Lyric, thats such a shame, was it really the €500 difference that made it a poor job? Could You not add whatever You didn't have?
Tony Hamilton sr

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:03 pm

It will be sorted out in time, it is only cosmetic really. It is a problem between me and the management who always wants the cheapest, while I do not necessarily agree, she won.