Torrox

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
maureenscot
Resident

Re: Torrox

Postby maureenscot » Thu May 02, 2019 8:09 am

Should this thread be in 'Moving to Andalucia'?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:43 am

Good observation Maureen, i didn't notice which category it was in because i generally just click on quick links to active topics.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu May 02, 2019 11:23 am

Topic moved.

Sid

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri May 03, 2019 11:19 am

Sorry about that, I did post my apologies immediately I realised and asked for it to be moved, I have no Idea why I posted it on that board, a momentary lapse of concentration :-)

Anyway further to my earlier questions, does anyone living n the Torrox area have knowledge of a company called Villasol real estate, pm me if it's more convenient than a public board, thanks Al :-)

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 03, 2019 6:29 pm

Villasol in nerja. We have inquired a few times. They have loads on their website but thsts all of their portfolio. You have to contact tuem direct to see whats actually available.they seem as good or as bad as all the others. Used to take forever to reply.even though you would go in the office and it was dead.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Fri May 03, 2019 6:40 pm

Agreed they are slow and they don't listen. e.g. I want a single floor villa in the campo 3 bed two bath with somewhere for an office ot 4bed 2 or 3 bath. A garage would be nice.
They haven't sent a single floor property yet and most are above our budget and in Torrox Park or Nerja. Both of which we have specifically excluded.
"Competa Properties" or "Country Properties" are a better bet for Torrox.
Usual disclaimers.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Fri May 03, 2019 8:47 pm

Include Taurus in your competa estate agents. We bought our house with them many years ago. At that time they only had the 1 office in Sayalonga. Now thay have one in Competa and a third in Calleta so they must be doing something right . Great service that made our purchase painless.
Regards

Bob

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue May 07, 2019 1:04 pm

Torrox Costa is the place on Channel 4’s “A place in the Sun” today...4pm.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue May 07, 2019 3:08 pm

They were filming in our village of Sayalonga several months ago along with Competa. Watched the program and the Sayalonga village house the participants were shown couldnt have been further away from their brief. One of our friends is an estate agent in Competa and was on the program showing a couple of properties. If i recall correctly they bought a place in Competa.

Be watching later. Always interesting to see local places on these programs.
Regards

Bob

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat May 11, 2019 1:05 pm

Thanks for all the input, all of it positive from my point of view, I have already planned to visit Torrox in late June as part of a trip to attend a relatives Stag do, however I was fired up by the positive attitude and opinions of the replies to my post so I have decided to visit earlier than that.
I've booked to stay in Torrox (Hotel al Andalus, anyone know it ?) from 13/05-17/05 in order to have a good look around, I will post my views next weekend, cheers Al :-)

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat May 11, 2019 2:42 pm

You'll need to eat. Allow me to suggest several excellent restaurants. Buddha House just out of Torrox on the coast road, Indian and one of the best for miles around. Ichiban, Chinese on the paseo which we only recenly discovered and probably the best chinese food we have had on the CDS. Thai-pas by the lighthouse do a pretty good selection of Thai food. The bar by the bus station whos name escapes me do very good tapas and is always busy.
Regards

Bob

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat May 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Great recommendations from Casita, here is one from me. Been going here for donkeys years and always had a fabulous meal. Try and go it is well worth it
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... lucia.html

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat May 11, 2019 3:10 pm

Totally agree. They do the best sole I have had and at a very good price. Been there countless times.

Sid

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat May 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Have not had any bad vibes re Al Andalus which is deep in Torrox Pueblo. There are several cafe/bar restaurants in the main village square most serving very similar Spanish fare. But the square is a nice place to while away the hours.
Also in the village is El Figon, usually fairly highly ranked and a delightful setting.
Everything else mentioned thus far is on the Costa, so 6km away or so. We can second all mentioned by Bob plus would mention El Desvan, on the N340 heading towards Malaga, opposite the Laguna Beach complex and La Farola also on the Paseo.

Lots of eating there is !

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat May 11, 2019 5:00 pm

casita-bonita wrote:You'll need to eat. Allow me to suggest several excellent restaurants. Buddha House just out of Torrox on the coast road, Indian and one of the best for miles around. Ichiban, Chinese on the paseo which we only recenly discovered and probably the best chinese food we have had on the CDS. Thai-pas by the lighthouse do a pretty good selection of Thai food. The bar by the bus station whos name escapes me do very good tapas and is always busy.
Thank you for that, I love Indian and Chinese food, I will certainly try them :-)

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat May 11, 2019 5:03 pm

firsttango wrote:Great recommendations from Casita, here is one from me. Been going here for donkeys years and always had a fabulous meal. Try and go it is well worth it
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... lucia.html
Thank you, the fare looks delicious :-)

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat May 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Generally I'm not a big fish eater in restaurants. But the Prawn and Rape (monkfish) brochetes are excellent.
Regards

Bob

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun May 12, 2019 11:32 am

casita-bonita wrote:You'll need to eat. Allow me to suggest several excellent restaurants. Buddha House just out of Torrox on the coast road, Indian and one of the best for miles around. Ichiban, Chinese on the paseo which we only recenly discovered and probably the best chinese food we have had on the CDS. Thai-pas by the lighthouse do a pretty good selection of Thai food. The bar by the bus station whos name escapes me do very good tapas and is always busy.

Is the Bhudda house travelling west or east on the coast road and where is the Chines situated ?

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sun May 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Buddah House is towards Nerja on the coast road, maybe 300m after the last roundabout. So down from the Pueblo left at the roundabout towards Nerja, 300m roundabout, 300m and it's on your left set back. Closed on Monday. Can be advisable to reserve 952 53 09 21.
Can't help with the Chinese Gluten and MSG problems

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sun May 12, 2019 12:02 pm

Buddha house, head out of Torrox on the coast road towards Nerja. Guess it's 1km or so on your left hand side. Couple of hundred meters after the roundabout. Careful you don't miss it tho as it's easy to drive past being partially concealed by trees and basuras. No problem parking right outside.

If you consider the Paseo from the lighthouse to the big hotel next to the mud car park then Ichiban is about half way. Seperated from the actual paseo by a lawn. Do not go into Jing which is also along there but they do bland orange tourist chinese.
Regards

Bob