Floor tile repair?

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Floor tile repair?

Postby olive » Sat May 26, 2007 1:26 pm

DIY section question!

One of my glazed 30 by 30 floor tiles took a direct hit and has now got a small crater one cm by one cm and 3 or 4 mm deep. It is in an awkward place to replace but not in a highly visible area.

Has anyone repaired similar damage or got any suggestions? I have lots of cut tile powder, that is dry, and is a good colour match as it turns out. Any suggestions as to what I could combine it with to make a lasting repair? Maybe araldite? :idea:

olive

concreteman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby concreteman » Sat May 26, 2007 2:48 pm

Olice

If I need to repair a very small section of coloured concrete I mix the dust saved from the cutting and mix it with a solution of Unibond PVA adhesive diluted with water until you have a fairly stiff paste (instructions on the container) but make sure you Unibond the surfaces to receive the paste too and let it go tacky before applying the paste. Works a treat on concrete but if the tiles are glazed you may need to e.g. varnish the repair once dry. God knows what Unibond is in Spain?? :?
If the Egyptians had invented concrete the pyramids would be square...........

Julie
Andalucia Guru

unibond

Postby Julie » Sat May 26, 2007 8:46 pm

I think the wood glue is the same as unibond

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun May 27, 2007 12:03 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I've got loads of Unibond PVA I brought with me but you can get a similar product here.

olive