Marble floor polisher covering Sabinillas

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
TimFF
Tourist

Marble floor polisher covering Sabinillas

Postby TimFF » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:20 pm

Hi

Our main living room floor hasn't been touched since the place was built some 9 years ago, so we'd like to get it polished before our next trip.

Has anyone experience of anyone covering Sabinillas they'd be prepared to share?

Thanks!

TIm

scotty
Resident

Re: Marble floor polisher covering Sabinillas

Postby scotty » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:30 pm

Do you use facebook ? If so then . . . . https://www.facebook.com/Electroclean-411633842271924/

If not then . . . . "TODAY electroclean will be doing quotes and working in GIBRALTAR , SOTOGRANDE, MANILVA, ESTEPONA, SAN PEDRO AND SURROUNDING AREAS. If you would like a quote to get your floors cleaned and polished from 2€ m2 call us now on 678470023 or 622410850".

I have not used them but they advertise a lot on the San Pedro things for sale facebook page. Hope it helps you.

TimFF
Tourist

Postby TimFF » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:16 pm

Thanks for the pointer scotty.

I don't usually go anywhere near Facebook but might have to make an exception...

Tim

elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elizabennett » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:33 pm

This guy was recommended by our management company:
http://www.yourviva.com/viva-recommends ... mebusters/
The living room tiles were dull and scratched when we bought the apartment, and the bedroom floor had a fitted carpet stuck to the floor tiles.
We had the carpet removed. He removed the glue and polished the bedroom tiles, and sanded and polished the living room tiles. They are like new - just like the photo on the website. Would highly recommend this guy.
He is based in the Marbella area, so I'm sure he would cover Sabinillas.

TimFF
Tourist

Postby TimFF » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:35 am

Elizabeth

We stumbled on this very person - I've already spoken to his wife while she was over here in the UK in the week and found them most helpful.

Looks like they'll be doing the floors for us then...

Tim

elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elizabennett » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:28 pm

That's great Tim.
I couldn't recommend him highly enough.
Our bedroom floor was in a bad state. As I said, it had been covered with a carpet, which was glued to the entire floor. He had a guy in to remove the glue, sanded the floor, and polished it to a high sheen. It looked amazing. So we had him polish our hall and living room also.
After two years, the floors became a little dull with wear and tear. (We are near the beach, so people coming in with sand on their feet can't be helped!). He came back and did a re-polish, in just one day. he was very careful about moving the furniture and cleaning up the dust. :thumbup:

TimFF
Tourist

Postby TimFF » Mon May 02, 2016 5:33 pm

An update...

David and Owen came on Thursday 28th, weren't phased by our Spanish 'man that can' being there - persuaded him to come back later; coped with the lift breaking down on their arrival (we're on the 4th floor!) - it was fixed by the time they went - and gave us a call 30 mins before they finished so we could get back at the right time.

They moved all the furniture, as you found Elizabeth, and left it as they found it. Lovely job, our place hadn't been done since built some 9 years ago. We'd also highly recommend!

Our neighbours upstairs have seen the results and will be getting hold of them - and I think Owen got some work on the communal pool too...

http://www.yourviva.com/viva-recommends ... mebusters/

elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elizabennett » Tue May 03, 2016 1:49 pm

Delighted that you are happy with it, and that David may be getting more work! He is a real professional.