Extension

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
elscouser
Andalucia.com Amigo

Extension

Postby elscouser » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi
Estimate (to consider feasibility) what would it cost for a 5 x 4 m extension with flat terrace roof? It is to go underneath existing top terrace so within current footprint (which they tell me is easier) Pic attached. Nothing currently underneath terrace on right had side so would need to be dug out. Basic layout included in pics.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
HOUSE PIC TERRACE.png
HOUSE PIC TERRACE.png (91.94 KiB) Viewed 2555 times

Trooperman
Resident

Re: Extension

Postby Trooperman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Don't quite understand all you say, but build costs are in the region of 1000 - 1200 euros per sq metre plus fitting out to your requirements
nil illegitimum carborundum

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:37 pm

Was there supposed to be more than one pic?

elscouser
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elscouser » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:50 pm

Sorry if unclear everyone, pic highlighted, new extension would be on right where the terrace wall goes up, its roughly 3.2 metres across x 5 metres, whole thing would need to be torn down and excavated and built from ground up. I imagine the new terrace would be a couple of foot higher as a result. Thanks for comments so far.

I basically have a 11000 euro budget but need to factor in Obra Mayor costs with ayuntamiento too. Not sure if feasible?!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:08 pm

Hi elscouser,

Don't forget architect fees......plus possible upfront "fines" from the town hall that can be reclaimed back at the end of the project.

I would work on Troopeman's figures...........as all my licensed projects (similar size to yours ) have bottomed lined between 25k - 30k...ouch :!: :!:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

elscouser
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elscouser » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:51 pm

thanks guys

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:44 pm

You could try asking a local builder for an estimate? they will probably also be able to give you an indication of architect and licencing costs...Sometimes it can be more expensive if you contract the builder to do everything because some builders do not employ electricians and other tradesmen..they just get them in if and when needed. The builder wants to make his money so he adds his bit on top of the tradesmen costs and that goes for the materials too...
If you are able to shop around and get quotes then you may save on doing so but i appreciate the hassle that might take...